Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i tried to insall my MS CAI last night...but i couldnt get that piece of shit stock intake out...ME = TOTAL FAILURE!!! so any help would be great..going to attempt again this weekend with my buddy.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Unbolt the tube, there is a little rubber ring that holds it in one sop. and the bottom is pretty much a snap in. it just pops out. pull the top off, the filter off and you should be able to see how the bottom lies, so you can pull it against that.

if you want to , stop by tomaorw night. You know im next to KNOTTS, and i have a box sitting in the garage, if looking at one out helps you tounderstand how to get yours out!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Spray WD-40 on any rubber hose that gives you a tough time coming off.

·
Registered
371 Posts
This isn't going to help you, but it was a pain in the ass getting that stock airbox off. The clamps that hold the tubes on are very difficult and some lube would help out i would assume. If you have someone who can help, i suggest it. I had one friend to help me take off the intake and another friend to hold the flashlight lol.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=popecruz link=topic=134840.msg2901409#msg2901409 date=1233355058]
This isn't going to help you, but it was a pain in the ass getting that stock airbox off. The clamps that hold the tubes on are very difficult and some lube would help out i would assume. If you have someone who can help, i suggest it. I had one friend to help me take off the intake and another friend to hold the flashlight lol.
[/quote]

yeah thats what i was having trouble with..taking the stock airbox off. my buddy is going to help me out tomorrow morning. thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
this would seem to be the right section to me, you are removing the stock intake to install a MS CAI... a Modification.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
intake finally installed after 2 hours hahaha. thanks for all the help everyone!!! question...did anyone have to retune their car after installing the ms cai or any cai??? just wondering if i would need to tune?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts