Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody else have a problem with their tip tronic? personally i think it is crap, sometimes u have to move the shifter 4 times before it shifts. On top of that, it says its shifted into the next gear but it hasnt, so u have to let of the gas to make it shift. I was wonering if anyone had the same problem or if their is a way to make it work better.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i only have a hesitation and delay when shifting from 1-2, but other than it works fine.

it acts a bit weird if you're still on the accelerator when changing gears, so i always let off for a split second after changing gears.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If you have problems shifting to the next gear, it might just be loose wiring. You don't have to let off the gas to shift, and it shouldn't hesitate like that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
[quote author=aminzer link=topic=66709.msg1144892#msg1144892 date=1168553820]
does anybody else have a problem with their tip tronic? personally i think it is crap, sometimes u have to move the shifter 4 times before it shifts. On top of that, it says its shifted into the next gear but it hasnt, so u have to let of the gas to make it shift. I was wonering if anyone had the same problem or if their is a way to make it work better.
[/quote]

Not sure if we are talking about the same problem or not...but mine sometimes shifts just fine in the M mode. Other times it's like the linkage is not right and I can't upshift...I have to move the shifter over to A mode so it will shift. Sometimes I get a creaking noise from the plastic gear indicator cover...almost makes me think the little plastic pieces that slide around under there are broke or have a burr or something. I haven't had time to take it off to look at it yet. I'm going to drain the oil in my tranny this weekend and I'm going to try and take a look at it then.

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote author=aminzer link=topic=66709.msg1146849#msg1146849 date=1168644158]
i do have some mods, there in my sig, unless ur talking about doin other things please let me know. And i think the mods just hurt it, they dont make it anybetter
[/quote]

Well i am not SUPPA Knowledgable about cars but know a little. Since you have done some mods, list what are they, here is the list what i would recommend for you to do to make that "lag" unniticable.

1. Ground Kit (replace your stock ground wire from "-" terminal of your battery to your car body, but make sure you scrape the paint off, and connect another wire from "-" terminal of your battery to you Throttle Body, oh ya wires "0" gauge thickness). This mode will improve electricity current in you car, therefore, when you shift the respond wont take as long as it did before.

2. Flush ATX (automatic transmission) fluid, and replace it with Mobil 1, Amsoil or something better than Stock Tranny fluid to SYNTHETIC one of the brands i listed. This mod will make shifts smoother.

3. Replace your Engine mounts, as of what i know, i think there are only 2 AWR engine mounts, one is for Rear lower, and the other is for tranny if i am not wrong. This mod will improve shifting of your tranny, alot less "lag", and should add abit more HP to your wheels.

If you get these 3 mods done than you will notice improvement, i am sure there other mods you can do to IMPROVE that problem, but as to fix it i DOUBT it, its basically all electronics, and for the tranny in "M" mode to upshift or downshift takes time, i think you have to do mods to the level what you can afford and try to figure out when does it do that problem so you can improve your shiftings "when is better to shift". I am not a mechanic but there shortlly will be more mods to fix that problem. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts