Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone have pics of their car with tints? trying to get an idea of what looks good and what doesn't. the red s on mazdausa.com with full blackout tints is hot to death, the only thing that sucks about tints is all the hawt ladies not being able to see who's driving :lol: well that and running the rest of getting tickets :( anyone in ny (long island) have tints? where'd you go to get them done? how much did they cost?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Not done, but my uncle knows someone in Queens who said he'd do it for $150 for all the windows (cept the front cause that's illegal in NY). I dunno if I'll go for it, cause I'm debating changing the bulbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
technically its illegal to have tint on the windshield in all 50 states. honestly if youre uncomfortable with the idea of being pulled over due to having too dark tint, you should probably go with whatever your states legal limit is. a few of my buddies have limo tint (5% transmittance) on their cars and have not been cited for anything yet. if you live in a podunk little town or somewhere with really low crime, you MIGHT run the risk of being pulled over for having dark tint. i'd say if anything, they'd target you for speeding and possibly, if they're asshole cops, slap on an infraction for illegal tint. chances are, if youre pimpin the 3, youll be driving with your windows down, so the hotties will have no trouble seeing you, and concordantly laughing. :D sorry, but it had to be said. most tint people will charge you $125-$150 from my experience.

personally, i have 20% all around on my 6, its uniform, and pretty subtle. you can see shapes inside the car, but you cant distinguish many details. pics are on my cardomain site on page 2 if you wanna see some examples.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You're allowed to have the window tint strip at the top of the windshield in KY (same way the mfg.'s put the blue tint for glare reduction).

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I really need it done on the rear, bloody headlights... I may pop the coin for the front windows at the lightest tint level just to get some reduction for the side view mirrors, those are the worst to me. I wish you could get electrochromatic side view mirrors, that would be kewl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts