Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this the right section (didn't know whether it should go in exterior mods or US or where.. i'm sure dinu will move it once he figures out where it belongs :twisted:)

anyway, I was wondering if anyone in NY (preferable Long Island or the surrounding areas) has had their 3 (or any other car) tinted.. if so, what you had done, whether it was cheap or not, and whether the service was reliable. and if you can post pics that would be real great too.

basically, if anyone can reccomend a good 'tinter' please let me know.

Thanks a bunch,
Dirk

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
where in LI are u i know a few great shops in suffolk if you are out that far

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got a quote in Queens from a place my uncle knows, he said $150 for all the windows. AFAIK, the driver and passanger windows can be tinted to 70% and the rears are the same for legal I think.
Where in Queens? Can you be more specific rpc180. Im looking to get mine done too.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Movin on sounds in Franklin square just 10 minutes from queens. THey do kick ass audio/electronics also. My family has been using them since 1990 for alarms, stereos, tinting, navigation etc

www.movinon.com

·
Registered
530 Posts
Tight. Thanks Olive. I just met a girl in hempstead and the way I get there is I drive through the hempstead turnpike. Will check this place out.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
[quote author=papitodetuvida link=topic=2011.msg366421#msg366421 date=1123602846]
Tight. Thanks Olive. I just met a girl in hempstead and the way I get there is I drive through the hempstead turnpike. Will check this place out.
[/quote]
There is a shopping center across the street with a drug store (CVS i think) and a boston market place for reference. its 2 blocks west of nassau blvd

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
update. I am unsure of their quality tints now. I was just driving my sisters car around today before picking up my 3. I rolled down the window and there were some bubbles in the tint near the top edge as well as a distinct line from what I can guess is the bottom edge of the door frame touching the window when its up.

·
Registered
530 Posts
*Crosses them off the list*

Nah but thanks for the info man

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys...whats up...I just registered today and I think this forum is awesome. Papitodetuvida i went to that place across the street from the jackson hole on astoria blvd (its the car wash place). I went in to ask about tinting since im also looking to get my windows tinted. The guy said its $220... llumar metallic tint...... said the guy that does it is really good...does the whole window no gap at the top. Im going to go there this weekend to check out some of his work and talk to him a lil bit to see if i can get a better deal since I have my girlfriend and sister looking to tint their cars also.....I'll let you know how that turns out..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes i know what you are talking about that big car wash thats like in the middle of no where. between like two streets. Right by where my ex lives. Yo if you go down astoria blvd going towards astoria, there a new store there called "Astoria Sound". I went there i forgot what they quoted me, but they also had no tint guy "yet". I want to get my window tints too this weekend. Maybe he'll give u a better deal if i go too!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got my 3 done at grafik dezine, its in suffolk. I paid %150 and they did an awesome job no bubbles or anything....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
[quote author=xoxshellie27xox link=topic=2011.msg403532#msg403532 date=1126538923]
I got my 3 done at grafik dezine, its in suffolk. I paid %150 and they did an awesome job no bubbles or anything....
[/quote]What % did you get? Any issues with cops out on DPA and the tints?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have mine at 35% and I have no problems with cops or anything

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The guy that does tinting at SpeedWorld on Queens Blvd. is pretty damn good. I remember pay 1 and change for it.

http://speedworldny.com/

They stand behind it for as long as you own the car on normal tint. You get bubbles a year down the road they fix.

Not to bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts