Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
That should be enough...

But it's freaking cheap. Are you sure they're legit? I know DECALFX sells it for more, but they're more reputable...

·
Registered
266 Posts
[quote author=bsapoznik link=topic=138720.msg2990555#msg2990555 date=1236887166]
did you check that?: http://www.rvinyl.com/tintkits/smoked/taillight/mazda/mazda3_wagon.htm

also I will try Lamin-x
[/quote]

Don't get precut. I hear lots of bad things about them, mostly that they don't fit perfectly so there is some noticeable gap. If you buy the roll, you can leave a little extra and tuck it in. that's what I did with my fogs.

And now I see why it's so damn cheap. It's non-protective. The protective layovers are $50 more hahahaha wtf too expensive get it from Dabears2k.com.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i actually just bought some and was trying to put it on yesterday, rvinyl smoked head/tail lights. you get what u pay for, so obviously it was on the cheaper side. it was a fun experience though, make sure you go over all the steps for it. i dont plan on keeping them on lol

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to spray my tail lights, but I'm getting my car tinted on sat and if I get the tails smoked it would have a nice white black theme... time to paint my emblems!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
dont goto decalfx,they produces suck ass....I bought tint for my front and tail lights.The front ones i had to take off because they damged my headlight forever.The headlight tint was only good when you didnt use your lights.It burnt a hole in my light in the front.The backights look alright,they could be better.For the price I wouldnt tell people to buy the tint from them.Plus the company wont do anything about it,I know 7 people had problem with the tint products from them.But tis your choice where you buy from.good luck man.

here a pic of my decalfx tint

·
Registered
266 Posts
[quote author=djv154 link=topic=138720.msg2990945#msg2990945 date=1236900401]
dont goto decalfx,they produces suck ass....I bought tint for my front and tail lights.The front ones i had to take off because they damged my headlight forever.The headlight tint was only good when you didnt use your lights.It burnt a hole in my light in the front.The backights look alright,they could be better.For the price I wouldnt tell people to buy the tint from them.Plus the company wont do anything about it,I know 7 people had problem with the tint products from them.But tis your choice where you buy from.good luck man.

[/quote]

It burned a hole into the tint?

[quote author=blackmica link=topic=138720.msg2990751#msg2990751 date=1236893005]
i actually just bought some and was trying to put it on yesterday, rvinyl smoked head/tail lights. you get what u pay for, so obviously it was on the cheaper side. it was a fun experience though, make sure you go over all the steps for it. i dont plan on keeping them on lol
[/quote]

Does it not stretch? What problems did you encounter?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=z00mz00m3 link=topic=138720.msg2990998#msg2990998 date=1236902617]
Just purchased RVinyls dark smoked headlight and tail light kits... Well let you all know how they turn out with pics when I get them installed.
[/quote]
Looking forward for that.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
it streched fine and the fit was perfect.I dont now if it was a defect but the headlight tint got burnt so it messed up my headlight forever.I can try to get pics of it but its hard to see in a pic maybe.You can see the dime sized burnt mark in the headlight.It sucks they wont even help me out and just give me another set....

[quote author=dannySEE link=topic=138720.msg2991014#msg2991014 date=1236903046]
[quote author=djv154 link=topic=138720.msg2990945#msg2990945 date=1236900401]

[/quote]

It burned a hole into the tint?

[quote author=blackmica link=topic=138720.msg2990751#msg2990751 date=1236893005]
[/quote]

[/quote]

·
Registered
14 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

hmm i think i might have put it on wrong or something, there was lots of bubble. it also ripped easily when i squeegeed too hard lol. did you use film for your car too?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I would love to tint my tail lights. Where is the best place to buy from? I just looked at Lamin-x and it said they will sell a roll of any color 24"x60" for $599.99! Doesn't that sound a bit ridiculous?

Edit: Okay so I went back to check cause that blew my mind. I misread. its 60 feet. thats more like it. But my question still stands... Where is the best place to get tail light tint from?

·
Registered
266 Posts
haha I just bought a set off Rvinyl.

Gonna see how it goes. I'll probably get it around Tuesday/Wednesday.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts