Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting some tinting done on my Black Mica after seeing a few photos here. Looks great but I need to ask some dumb questions.

How is this done? Does it come in a sheet with adhesive and is stuck on?

Can you tell it's not factory tinting on the window at all? How does it feel from the inside assuming that it's stuck to the inside?

Thanks for info you can give me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Tint is applied to the inside of the window, it is a film that is adhered to the glass. How good it looks depends on the quality of the tint job.

Some places will do it for cheaper but don't tint right up to the very edge, they'll leave a few mm gaps around the edge which is noticable when the windows are rolled down, but looks fine when they're up.

You want to go with a quality tinter who uses quality 3M or Llumar or other good brands of tint. Stop by their shop and ask to see a car that they just worked on and check out the quality of their work. Don't look for a cheap bargain... it's good to shop around but if the price is too low well... you know. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Does the tint film feel like the actual glass? Does it need to be cleaned differently?

·
Registered
420 Posts
packpackpack said:
Thanks for the info. Does the tint film feel like the actual glass? Does it need to be cleaned differently?
There is no "feel" to it :|
Clean it with pretty much anything but amonia based (windex) cleaners, like Clearvue, or a water/vinegar mix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts