Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to tint the Headlights and taillights of my 2007 Mazda 3. I have gotten a quote from a local tinting company, they are gonna charge me $125 for just the headlights, and another $125 for taillights. That's a little to expensive me me. I know I could buy the film and do it myself, but how hard is that to do?

· Registered
14,062 Posts
It's easy with them off, but removing the headlights is a PITA, but probably would be wise if you do want to tint them which I SERIOUSLY do NOT recommend, as what's the point? All it does is let out less light at night which isn't fun at all.
I also hate tinted rear taillights but that's besides the point.

It's definitely doable, it's also a pain, but can be done with them on, still best off (and they're easy to remove).

tint film itself isn't that much, should only cost like $10 per taillight/headlight, but you definitely want it to be a cruddy hot day, use soapy water and have a heatgun in hand and a good squeegee with felt (straight plastic will scratch that vinyl before you can even touch it), it will take time.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's easy with them off, but removing the headlights is a PITA, but probably would be wise if you do want to tint them which I SERIOUSLY do NOT recommend, as what's the point? All it does is let out less light at night which isn't fun at all.
I also hate tinted rear taillights but that's besides the point.

It's definitely doable, it's also a pain, but can be done with them on, still best off (and they're easy to remove).

tint film itself isn't that much, should only cost like $10 per taillight/headlight, but you definitely want it to be a cruddy hot day, use soapy water and have a heatgun in hand and a good squeegee with felt (straight plastic will scratch that vinyl before you can even touch it), it will take time.
I want to do it to make my car look more stealthy, or dark, I don't know how to explain it. Ive just liked the look of tinted lights.

· Registered
5,035 Posts
Hairdryer, some water and a widgy think + patience … its very easy just don’t rush… I did my headlights and it took about an hour and a half… no bubbles…

Just take ur time and match up the film to the headlight before you start…

I like smoked and that’s the way I’ve gone .. I did up the Headlight strength to 55w HID’s ( from 35w) to make up for the loss in illumination… which it did and the only downside is that the light looks a little yellow… more like stock than HID!

My rear lights are LED’s and smoked.. honestly at night the freaking things light up the road behind me ( even when im not breaking!) for a long ways and during the day they are quite visible…

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.