Mazda3 Forums banner

If you lived in NJ, where your are not allowed to put any tint on the driver or passenger side windo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you lived in NJ, where your are not allowed to put any tint on the driver or passenger side window, would you still tint the rear and back window?

I'm not sure if I myself like it when the car is only half tinted, and I'm not sure if that because it would look so good completely done (I have a white hatchback), or if I think it looks bad only half done...

Just curious about general consensus.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
what area in jersey are you? im in somerset county and i have 5% all around. havent been hassled

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
IL's law is rear windows yes, front 3 no. So its not like I am not used to it, tint the windows be be done with it. Your your worried about looks roll down all ur windows.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Carowen link=topic=139318.msg3002293#msg3002293 date=1237402117]
what area in jersey are you? im in somerset county and i have 5% all around. havent been hassled
[/quote]

I'm in Collingswood by Philly,
and as far as the law is concerned I don't know whether or not Ill get hassled but I know its on the books. And I wonder about the inspection station...

and yea I'm worried about the look, I feel like it looks not as goo with just the back half done, I don't know why, probably a flashback to high school with all the ghettos cars with just the rear window tinted in stripes haha...

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Do all the rears at 20% and the front two at 50%. They will look different enough that you'll never get hassled about the fronts being tinted (the law is mainly in place so officers can clearly see into your car, to be safe) but it will still look great.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
yeah it just depends on how dark.. i had 20% rears then 35% fronts and it was good. but it does look funky with only back tint

·
Registered
77 Posts
i live in middllesex county ( sayreville) and i get pulled over all the time. Got around 15 ticket so far( they are 56 dollars). And not to long ago i received a ticket with a court date, and now i have to take them off. oh well sucks for me.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I got pulled over in north plainfield two weeks ago for the first time with my tints. The cop was a real asshole, but luckily i have a gold card so he wasnt able to give me a ticket. He told me what he pulled me over for as he was walking back to his car lol.

Id say go for it. It shouldnt be an issue most of the time.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
State law in AZ is 35% max on front 2 windows, none on windshield. So I got 35% on my front 2 windows and on the windshield strip. And 18% on the back 2 windows and hatch. If I couldn't tint the fronts, I probably would tint the backs a little, just to keep the heat out. But in AZ, you cannot live without tint in the summer lol. You'll die. I honestly don't like the look of the fronts not tinted, with the backs like limo. It looks weird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts