Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reputable tint shop in the GTA area. Any suggestions? How much does it usually cost?

I went to one near Markville mall, the guy told me the windshield can not be tinted? Is this true in the GTA?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The Highway Traffic Act is somewhat vague, here's what it says:

Colour coating obstructing view prohibited

(2) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway where the surface of the windshield or of any window of the vehicle has been coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver's view of the highway or any intersecting highway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (2).

Colour coating obscuring interior

(3) No person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle on which the surface of the windshield or of any window to the direct left or right of the driver's seat has been coated with any coloured spray or other coloured or reflective material that substantially obscures the interior of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 73 (3).

Windows to afford clear view

74. (1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle upon a highway,

(a) unless the windshield and the windows on either side of the compartment containing the steering wheel are in such a condition as to afford the driver a clear view to the front and side of the motor vehicle

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/Statutes/English/90h08_e.htm#P2687_314331

It doesn't say anything about an "eyebrow" tint.

I had my tint done at FX Auto, the same one you went to, they did a great job and for a great price. Just make sure you mention to them about getting the "(Protege) Club Price".

·
Registered
396 Posts
...and there's already a thread for this in this section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I HAVE BEEN IN THE CAR INDUS. FOR MANY YEARS,OUT OF EVERY ONE I KNOW THERES A PLACE CALLED AUTO REMEDY WHICH DOSE THE BEST JOB I HAVE EVER SEEN ,IT'S HARD TO FIND A SHOP THAT HAVE PEOPLE WORK FOR THEM AND GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR THE COSTUMERS . THESE GUYS I USE3 ALL THE TIME AND EVERYONE I KNOW LOVES THEIR WORK THE GUYS NAME IS JOHN FERREIRA AND IF YOU NEED TO REACH HIM IAM NOT SURE IF I CAN GIVE HIS # IN THIS FORUM .....EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.