Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is an "S" without the sport package and I live in TX where the legal limit is 35% on the sides and whatever in the back. I have 35% on the sides and 15% on the back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
mmmmmmmmm damn that looks good with tint!...ugh i have a black mica as well and i've been debating on tinting it for a few weeks now. Michigan law is 4" from the top (front sides), 35% (rear sides), and ANY (rear windshield) - so while we're on this subject, what do you guys think if i just tint the rear sides and windshield? would it look ugly on a black mica???? OR just go ahead and put a light tint of about 35-50% (front sides) and run the risk of getting pulled over??? ugh...

Confused Black Mica Owner! :cry:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Risk the Ticket. Just make sure the sides match. My wifes car is white and has 25 all the way around. No tickets yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say windshield, do you mean an eyebrow? I asked about one on my car and they said it wouldn't look right because of the dot matrix behind the mirror. It's hard for tint to adhere to the glass because of the raised dots.
Here's some more info on the dot matrix. http://www.tintdude.com/dot-matrix.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yamez said:
When you say windshield, do you mean an eyebrow? I asked about one on my car and they said it wouldn't look right because of the dot matrix behind the mirror. It's hard for tint to adhere to the glass because of the raised dots.
Here's some more info on the dot matrix. http://www.tintdude.com/dot-matrix.html

ehh well when i meant windshield...i meant the rear...although on the front windshield i was thinking of a 4" brow...so the people tinting your windows said it wouldn't work? interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yamez said:
The car is an "S" without the sport package and I live in TX where the legal limit is 35% on the sides and whatever in the back. I have 35% on the sides and 15% on the back.
Hey, I'm in Austin too, and looking for a grey or black 3s sedan... where did you get your 3 and your tint?

·
Banned
868 Posts
I have 50% fronts, 20% rears.

The reason for that, is because where I am, we aren't allowed to do fronts......so hence, I need to have some contrast.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Levitron said:

The reason for that, is because where I am, we aren't allowed to do fronts......so hence, I need to have some contrast.
not allowed to have fronts done AT ALL? what kind of law is that? i know things like limo tint are outlawed b/c cops cannot see through it and have been shot by people hiding guns in there. but i had 35% on my last car and you could easily see in (yet it still provded much needed relief from the southern sun).

·
Banned
868 Posts
freston said:
Levitron said:

not allowed to have fronts done AT ALL? what kind of law is that? i know things like limo tint are outlawed b/c cops cannot see through it and have been shot by people hiding guns in there. but i had 35% on my last car and you could easily see in (yet it still provded much needed relief from the southern sun).
Yeah. Only OUR province does this. All the other ones don't have this rule. Lame and not needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got my windows tinted weekend before last. I got 20 on my front windows and limo on the back and hatch. That limo tint is dark as hell, can't see a damn thing from the outside.

Paid $120 and I'm anxious to see how it holds up in the Texas sun.

M

·
0 Posts
looks awesome...

In Australia i think the legal limit is 35%...

If only we could go lower than that!!! 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
78 Posts
king chile said:
those tints seem awfully light for 35% and 15%
hmm..yeah in Maine its 50% on the fronts, and blacked out rear..my fronts look just as dark as that and those are supposed to be 35%..I could swear that isn't 35%

·
Registered
157 Posts
grooverider said:
king chile said:
hmm..yeah in Maine its 50% on the fronts, and blacked out rear..my fronts look just as dark as that and those are supposed to be 35%..I could swear that isn't 35%
they look about right to me. i had 35% all around on my civic, and it looked about the same. maybe it's the brand/type of tint, or there's some confusion over what "35%" means? (there was a discussion in another thread, and i think it was agreed that 35% means 35% light transmission, 65% blocked.)

at any rate i think everyone would agree that the car looks FRICKIN sweet, right?

·
Registered
254 Posts
freston said:
grooverider said:
king chile said:
they look about right to me. i had 35% all around on my civic, and it looked about the same. maybe it's the brand/type of tint, or there's some confusion over what "35%" means? (there was a discussion in another thread, and i think it was agreed that 35% means 35% light transmission, 65% blocked.)

at any rate i think everyone would agree that the car looks FRICKIN sweet, right?
35% should be pretty dark.. maybe it's just how bright the sun was that day and the way it was shining through the windows at the time the pics were taken... but it really only looks like the fronts and sides are the stock uv tint that comes from the factory. *shrug*

·
Registered
157 Posts
king chile said:
35% should be pretty dark.. maybe it's just how bright the sun was that day and the way it was shining through the windows at the time the pics were taken... but it really only looks like the fronts and sides are the stock uv tint that comes from the factory. *shrug*
hate to beleaguer, but i totally disagree with the last part--they look much darker than the factory tint. maybe the black of the car is deceiving?

also, there's examples on here of people with darker than 35%, and they seem in line with this car.

i'm getting 35% (legal limit for ga) on mine, i'll post some pix when i do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
here's a side by side the first has no tints (whatever came factory) the other is yamez (35% sides)

·
Registered
157 Posts
hmm...looks like my point has been made.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts