Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tint laws. No tint on front glass or blackouts on headlamp & tail lamps. Basically no tinting allowed by law on all windows but common sence rule that officers allow is up to 50 % tint allowed on driver & passenger window, up to 80% tint allowed on rear & back seat side windows of 4 door cars or trucks. (Though 100% tint back there generates a fine.)
Could anyone please verify if this is true?? :roll:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to a windows tinting place today and the guy told me that I can get front windows tinted at a maximum of 35%. For the back seat windows, i can have them tinted as dark as i want.

·
Registered
396 Posts
does anyone know what the factory tint % is ???

·
Banned
868 Posts
6_funk said:
does anyone know what the factory tint % is ???
I don't think there's an option for that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
BC law states no tint film on front windows but no cop in their right mind would pull you over if they couldn't tell whether it was tinted or not. then with up close inspection write a ticket. Thats the case for tiny-amounts of tint. Just make sure if they pull you over for speeding, don't piss them off or they could write you up for the tint too.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Yes there's an option for window tinting from Mazda.
They're available from 10%, 35%, and 50%.
I think it costs around CDN$225 and comes with lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had asked my dealer and they said there is no factory tint windows. Its all a dealership thing. Most of the dealerships have deals with local tint shops and just send your car out to them. But then again, my dealer might not know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I'm not sure about other dealerships, but Sig. Mazda offers window tinting. They have the specs in the office, and they have a bodyshop at the back to install accessories. So I guess that's where they're gonna install it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ya... what I had wanted was actual tinted glass (not the film). Its higher quality that way and lasts a long time with no worries. If its tinting film, I might as well go to the BEST place in town to get that done (not just the most convenient).

·
Registered
90 Posts
on my focus, i have 15% all around.

never been stopped by the cops for anything tint related.

the general consenus ive been getting from tint installers is that it is up the cops discretion whether or not to give you a hard time.

i think they were hinting at ... riced = more trouble.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
D said:
Ya... what I had wanted was actual tinted glass (not the film). Its higher quality that way and lasts a long time with no worries. If its tinting film, I might as well go to the BEST place in town to get that done (not just the most convenient).
Ah, my bad. You were talking about tinted windows, not window tinting (using film).
Hmm, in that case, I dun think Mazda offer it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Okee

If the cops go right against the window and can't see in, it's illegal :)

My friend's dad a cop, and told me this himself. This is for the Toronto area. Now of course, who knows what that means. 40 front, 80 back is probably safe.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i think it looks kinda ugly when the front windows are a different shade than the back windows

·
Registered
481 Posts
have a look at the pics of my car tinted... i dont recall what the percentage is but its the usual shade that most tint shops stick to to be "legal"

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm a little confused about the terms used here - my understanding is that 30% means that the tint allows 30% of the light in - as 50% means that 50% of the light is alowed to filter through. Bottom line - the lower the tint percentage number, the darker the tint - correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
From what we are using here in Quebec, the terms mean that 35% in how much tint you have. So 65% of the light gets in....so it's the opposite of your explanation.

Anyway. In QC, it's 35% front side windows. The rest you can do what you want. Mine is 35% up front, 65% in the back and 80% on the hatch window.

·
Registered
290 Posts
M3-GT said:
From what we are using here in Quebec, the terms mean that 35% in how much tint you have. So 65% of the light gets in....so it's the opposite of your explanation.

Anyway. In QC, it's 35% front side windows. The rest you can do what you want. Mine is 35% up front, 65% in the back and 80% on the hatch window.
http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Consumer_Info/auto_provincelaws.html

check the above link - I believe all provinces measure the same way and as I described

1 - 20 of 21 Posts