Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive had my Injen CAI for about 23k now (it was used when i bought it) so i want to clean the filter because im almost positive the thing is filthy by now with Fresno dusty weather. I do feel throttle hesitation and it is probably due to a dirty filter / maf.

I don't really feel like re-oiling, so i want to spring for a dry flow filter. I know theres a thread about this somewhere, but i cant seem to find it right now, so where is the best place to get a dry flow filter and what size do i need for my injen?

OR

I can just re-oil the filter if its significantly cheaper... if so wasnt there a tutorial somewhere on how to do it? I also need to buy one so if someone can show me which one to get exactly...

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those CAI filters r reusable, do not just re-oiling, you also need to clean them. there are many filter cleaner kits out there.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
im gonna get a dry flow from aem. Where im gonna order, i dont know yet, but im gonna wait till spring time before i pick it up.

Yes the cai filters are reusable, prolly k&n filter, but due to the over oiling and that oil getting on the maf causing problems, i think its a great idea to upgrade from oiled filters

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=Freddyboi link=topic=68362.msg1180414#msg1180414 date=1170314653]
im gonna get a dry flow from aem. Where im gonna order, i dont know yet, but im gonna wait till spring time before i pick it up.

Yes the cai filters are reusable, prolly k&n filter, but due to the over oiling and that oil getting on the maf causing problems, i think its a great idea to upgrade from oiled filters
[/quote]
any idea where to grab the dry flow ones for a good price and reliable place? Also, i heard i need a specific size for injen, which size do i need?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts