Mazda3 Forums banner

Tickets/Law

6K views 68 replies 30 participants last post by  mndsm 
#1 ·
I own a cosmic blue MazdaSpeed 3 Sport and I already got my first ticket. I only have 2700 miles on it. I thought it would be fun for everyone to post stories on here. It was 4:30 in the morning and I was bringing my roomie to the San Diego Airport for an early flight and my roomie and I, who owns a Evolution MR, wanted to see how fast 5th gear took the Speed3 to. We'll it's about 120 something at 6,000 RPM's anyway, after slowing down a little I saw the dreaded lights in the rear and pulled over. I got a court appearance and he didn't take my car or license, not sure how much it will cost yet. The best part of the story is what happened after. I called my best friend in CT who is a State Trooper, he said he would try to help me out. He actually talked to the guy who pulled me over. The cop said he was driving and saw me speeding, he couldn't catch me (must have been the 120 part) and when he finally speed matched me he had me at 110 mph, after turning on his lights, he said I only slowed down to 75 mph in a 65 (must be because in the speed3 75 feels slow as dirt :lol: ) He said he can't really do anything cause it's kind of hard explaining to a Sargent why he would be pulling a 110 ticket out of the pile. I'll let you guys know what happens. Good news is I'm getting much, much better gas mileage now!! :lol:

#4 ·
I don't think so, it's CA they are pretty laid back. And I think I can request traffic school and that will help. It's my first offense, I'll keep that in mind though, thanks. They cop I think wrote 105 mph on the ticket too. I want some stories, from other people.

#5 ·
I was going like 75mph (speed limit 40mph) on a back road and a cop passed me the other way
I saw him hit his brakes as i started takeing on a right hand curve, i downshifted and got to about 115mph and then hit a right hand turn which leads into another city.... never saw him again....

#13 ·
I got caught doing 60 in a 35 here in PA, cop was really nice and bumped it down to 40. He actually wrote on the ticket what he clocked me at, and noted that he reduced the speed and fine. I guess this is so I didn't try to fight the ticket. $120 fine, but no points :klavergreg: Of course compared to peanuts I'm not complaining at all.

Fastest I've gone so far is 140 on a completely empty highway at 7:30am on a Sunday. She still had plenty left, but I had to take an exit. I love this car.

#14 ·
I got pulled over the night I took her home, no ticket though. :)

#16 ·
Maybe the name of this thread should be "Post how stupid you are for driving over 100 mph on public roads"

#18 ·
[quote author=maudi3 link=topic=67796.msg1169547#msg1169547 date=1169777714]
Maybe the name of this thread should be "Post how stupid you are for driving over 100 mph on public roads"
[/quote]

In all fairness, going a little over 100 here on I-10 outside of Houston (the biggest highway in the U.S.) where the average speed in the fast lane is about 85mph is not that big of a deal. Passengers don't even notice until you point it out. It actually feels pretty normal. Let's not get too worked up.

Now, 155 probably feels a little different and I'll save that for the Texas Mile in March. 8)

#19 ·
I don't know if I would be comfortable going much faster than 100 on public roads....When I was in high school I had a camaro with pretty much everything I could add and I rolled it going about 160 on a highway after hitting a little piece of a 2 X 4.....even the littliest thing at those kinds of speeds can be dangerous...thank god for my full roll cage and point harness!!!
now when I get to a track that is going to be a different story, still have about another 500 miles to break her in too.

#21 ·
damn people!!!! :shock: im too scared to go over 120. done it bout 5-6 times but it happens so fast and then the accel isn't so qucik and then i realize that im going that fast and i slow down. i will probably try it a least once with this car just to see a modifications full effect.

#22 ·
It really isn't safe, but what it comes down to the the capability of each driver. I myself can drive 120+ but have not done it enough to be comfortable for more than 3 seconds of 120. that and i really have no reason to drive that fast. :)

#23 ·
[quote author=krnage link=topic=67796.msg1167671#msg1167671 date=1169687657]
ive only been up to 140 when i was racing my friends 350z but then the road got a bit too bumpy

all my speeding offencese have been for 6 or 8 above the limti :x but it still have my license :D
[/quote]

Who won? :lol:

#24 ·
[quote author=gotnospice link=topic=67796.msg1167540#msg1167540 date=1169684080]
The cop said he was driving and saw me speeding, he couldn't catch me (must have been the 120 part) and when he finally speed matched me he had me at 110 mph
[/quote]

damn man, you should have put it into 6th and lost the pig :)

#26 ·
[quote author=gotnospice link=topic=67796.msg1167644#msg1167644 date=1169686579]
I don't think so, it's CA they are pretty laid back. And I think I can request traffic school and that will help.[/quote]Bad news, Spicy. You're not eligible for Traffic School since you were going more than 20 MPH over the limit. Get ready for a hefty fine and some points off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.