Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I have had 6-8 On was a 115 in a 55 racing a 2.5 RS when I was like 20. This little bugger landed me in jail for a week,fined 1000 dollars and lost my lic. for 6 months. Not to mention court costs and lawyer fees.

VA will throw the book at you.

·
Registered
40,015 Posts
Holy shit jcutler lol.

I had one, got it 2 months ago for "rolling a little too fast" through a stop sign. I still have to do the traffic school, time is running out :tense:

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Damn man.

8 years of driving and I have 2 non-moving violations (in my case parking tickets). Never been pulled over for anything. Was a near miss once, but the cop pulled over the guy about 3 cars back. I was doing almost 90 in a 65 zone trying to pass a trucker who kept going between 60 and 80 depending on if her was going up a hill, down a hill or on flat, so I finally got feed up and started to leave him in my dust when I blasted past a PA state cop running radar in a hidden little turn off, fortunately about 3 or 4 cars behind me were all doing the same thing I was. Thats really the only true near miss I had on getting a ticket.
-Matt

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
None :D I have talked myself out of a ticket for reckless lane change and illegal tints though. >_> I don't know how I haven't gotten a ticket yet.. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
645 Posts
[quote author=LaraW link=topic=84336.msg1588114#msg1588114 date=1185465352]
None :D I have talked myself out of a ticket for reckless lane change and illegal tints though. >_> I don't know how I haven't gotten a ticket yet.. *knocks on wood*
[/quote]

What is considered a reckless lane change?

0 For me.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Alright, my ticket breakdown:

9 tickets before the age of 18. That right, 9 moving violation from age 17 to my 18th birthday.

I never paid a single ticket! They all went to collections and my credit was tortured.

Then about, 2 months after my 18th birthday, I got chased by a police helicopter when I was racing my friend on the street. I ran for about 15 minutes, then gave up when i saw the regular cops behind me.

I got a 3 page ticket, 11 violations, but the cops were cool and let me keep my car and drive it home that night :shock:

took it to court and had everything dropped besides wreckless driving.

Since then, i believe 4-5 moving violations and about 10 fix-it tickets. (ie: seatbelt, no front plate, exhaust, etc...)

In the past 3 years (which insurance cares about), i have had 2 moving violations. Neither were speediing. Both were illegal right turns!

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Here's what I got in order from first to last...

Warning for going 45 in a 25 (I was 16)

Aggressive Driving Ticket ---> $355 - 5 points....went to court to fight it....turned to $125 no points, PBJ for 6 months (I was 16)

Warning for no front license plate (I was 16)

Speeding Ticket going 70 in a 55 ---> $125 - 2 points (I just turned 18)

Speeding Ticket 70 in a 45 ---> $125 - 2 points (last summer, I was 18)

Warning for "speeding" (really wasn't) and no front license plate (a couple of months ago, I was 19)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hmm, 24 yrs of driving so it's hard to remember. Least proud of a DUI when I was 21, lost license for a year and a $1000 fine, serves me right. At least 18 speeding tickets, actually just talked myself out of a speeding and no seatbelt ticket and then 5 days later got nailed for doing 120kph in a 50kph construction zone as I was racing to the ferry. Ticket should've been about $500-600 range as I was doing 70 over limit, ticket doubles in construction zones, yada yada, but he was nice and gave me the lowest he could, $139 plus $25 off if I pay within 30 days. Hee hee I said at that price could I have two so I could save $50, thankfully the cop was cool and actually laughed at my joke. Other than that I've been lucky since I tend to drive a tad too fast.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts