Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ticking noise mechanics have been telling me that its my lifteers that need to be torqued i have a 2.0 i use mobil 1 5w20 all the time at like 4000 miles or 5 any help thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Get a new mechanic, our cars don't have lifters.....
It's more likly just your injectors, they are kinda loud on the duratec engines.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda3 2.0 w preferred package, deep dark blue
217 Posts
My car has 35K miles and is as quiet as a pillow...

When I bought it, it was 1 of 3 Mazda3's that I was considering. The others were '06's, two were 2.0, one was 2.3, two were galaxy grey, one was silver, they ranged in mileage from between 26k to 34k, they ALL were 5-speed manuals. The only car that had ticking was the 06 2.3 w/ 26k miles. May have been the fuel inj. But, that car was obviously beat down compared to the other two. I'd check the tsb's pertaining to your model year, go into the dealership with it in hand, and nicely/professionally have them address your concerns, since it sounds like your's is still warranteed.

Heck I went in to have them fix a slightly cracked rear door seal and repl the wiper arms, since it was a tiny bit rusty on the hinge (which was a tsb item) although I think they just replaced it without using the new countermeasure part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts