Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
steeda makes one. it's for the fusion/focus... but same motor. so it fits.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
It does not work with the Fujita F5 intake, not enough room, should be fine with a SRI and some others.

I know it works on a Mazda 6, my friends has one, actually makes a sound like a turbo, nice.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Whats the benefit? :dunno:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnks guys and from what i can tell it will give you a bit more power on top of your cia for 70$ and 30 min why not...can anyone give me a list of good cai that will work with it?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm unclear on why simply dropping a spacer in would increase your power. Is it because the spacer helps reduce heat transfer into the TB? That might lower the intake air temp and increase it's density. Am I anywhere near right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It doesnt do anything. DO NOT waste your money. The only thing they are good for is a place to port for meth injection.

·
Registered
435 Posts
[quote author=BlackSpeed link=topic=138107.msg2977726#msg2977726 date=1236277035]
It doesnt do anything. DO NOT waste your money. The only thing they are good for is a place to port for meth injection.
[/quote]

yup.

this all started with carbed cars. they put these under the carb and it would help increase turbulence forcing the air and gas to mix better. it will do NOTHING on a fuel injected car with fuel injectors in each intake port. on top of all that the factory intake is plastic so it transfers no heat to the TB

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
It does work, I have a friend with a Mazda 6- he installed it and his fuel ecnomy went up a bit and throttle responce is better. Also when driving it sorta makes a sound like a turbo, just a bit.

He has not done a Dyno, but the before and after feel can be felt, you know the Seat of the Pants DYNO!!! :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
[quote author=TEKWATCH link=topic=138107.msg2977759#msg2977759 date=1236277618]
It does work, I have a friend with a Mazda 6- he installed it and his fuel ecnomy went up a bit and throttle responce is better. Also when driving it sorta makes a sound like a turbo, just a bit.

He has not done a Dyno, but the before and after feel can be felt, you know the Seat of the Pants DYNO!!! :lol:
[/quote]

not trying to put you down, but there have been dyno tests that prove no gains whatcoever. You cant "feel" a 2-3 hp increase. You were right about the butt dyno...thats all it is. Fuel economy can change drastically just on driving habbits, so again it shows nothing.

The basis behind the design of these spacers is they say that threadlike shape of the inside makes the incoming air mix better with the fuel. This doesnt happen since the air still has to travel through the intake manifold and then through the valves.

The spacer is about as useless as that vortex shettmetal POS you can stick in your intake to "give you better gas mileage"

if you want you car to sound like a turbo....then get a turbo. Please. please, please, dont waste your money. There are plenty of other relatively inexpensive mods you can do, that will actually give you gains.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
theoretically it increases the intake volume. you supposedly get more top end power...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Nope, nope and nope. It's your time and money but you won't notice a thing. And doing something for the "noise" it makes...well...they have a word for that.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
lg paul installed and reviewed this for a 3. he mentioned slightly touchier throttle response, but that was it. on top of that, it required a little modification to fit. pretty much useless.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I"m out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts