Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have noticed that our 2013 Mazda 3 make a three chime sound while driving. We first noticed this on a highway in Knightdale, NC. The chiming occurred on a certain section of road. We recently had it happen again in Dewey Beach, Delaware. : coming and going on Rt. 1. No dash warning lights. Could it be sensing traffic cameras or something else?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife and I have noticed that our 2013 Mazda 3 make a three chime sound while driving. We first noticed this on a highway in Knightdale, NC. The chiming occurred on a certain section of road. We recently had it happen again in Dewey Beach, Delaware. : coming and going on Rt. 1. No dash warning lights. Could it be sensing traffic cameras or something else?
I'm going to guess you have the factory navigation system.

Have a look in the nav user manual.

Online you can see it here:

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to guess you have the factory navigation system.

Have a look in the nav user manual.

Online you can see it here:

View attachment 106969
The speed camera minder is one I didn't know about. Definitely probably the issue if op has nav and it's specific to an area.

In general, unwarranted chimes are usually indicative of burned out warning lights. It's usually mandated for most critical systems like your airbags to give you a warning no matter what, so when the instrument cluster can't display a warning or the bulb is burned out or disabled, they'll have beeper tones as a backup.

Again, probably the speed camera thing, but if anyone else has a similar behavior and no nav and finds this thread, that's a potential culprit.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts