Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was just wondering those people who got the Xtec HID, have you installed relay harness? I been using the Xtec for more than 2 years now and lately I been having problem like one blub when turn on. My friend suggested me to install the relay and it will fix the problem. Is it true?

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
I dunno, I'm seriously fed up with my HIDs. My relay harness went bad, got in a new one, everything worked fine for a few weeks, and now my drivers side HID turns on, works for a bit, then shuts off. Turn off the lights, and turn them back on and it will work again. Kinda sad when you spend $400 on something and they don't freaking work right. I wish they could just ship me a whole new kit, and I'd ship that one back so they could figure out what the hell is wrong with it.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Sucks (about having problems). I've got the 35w 5000k kit, and was considering upgrading to the same one you've got (at least temp. and color wise). I wonder why the Xtec kit isn't carried anymore?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=65954.msg1131498#msg1131498 date=1167861608]
I dunno, I'm seriously fed up with my HIDs. My relay harness went bad, got in a new one, everything worked fine for a few weeks, and now my drivers side HID turns on, works for a bit, then shuts off. Turn off the lights, and turn them back on and it will work again. Kinda sad when you spend $400 on something and they don't freaking work right. I wish they could just ship me a whole new kit, and I'd ship that one back so they could figure out what the hell is wrong with it.
[/quote]

We don't use Xtec anymore but if you bought from us we'll help you. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=M3-GT link=topic=65954.msg1132306#msg1132306 date=1167887758]
[/quote]

We don't use Xtec anymore but if you bought from us we'll help you. Email me at [email protected]
[/quote]

Any reason you guys stopped carrying them?

·
Administrator
12,854 Posts
[quote author=oneill8769 link=topic=65954.msg1132677#msg1132677 date=1167926048]
[quote author=M3-GT link=topic=65954.msg1132306#msg1132306 date=1167887758]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Any reason you guys stopped carrying them?
[/quote]

We would like to announce an update to our Apexcone HID kit. In early March, 2006 Apexcone specified the change in ballasts contained in the Xtec HID kit. Recently, Apexcone made this same ballast and bulb combination available in the Apexcone HID kit with our own packaging and bulb holders. This kit offer a great value. Not only does it performs great, is super reliable but you are also covered by a Lifetime warranty !

We always make every attempt to inform and educate our customers. No one should buy a product without understanding exactly what they are buying. Xtec ballasts and Apexcone ballasts are exactly the same product with a different label applied. Both carry the same No Excuses lifetime warranty. Purchasing an Apexcone or Xtec product is in fact buying the same product with different packaging.

That's why from now on we only carry the Apexcone HID and not the Xtec HID kits. Why pay more for the same kit. Apexcone HIDs are the private label version of the same product Apexcone specifies for the XtecUSA product line.

Apexcone brand HIDs offer the customer the same superior product at significant savings.

An HID bulb has a life expectency of about 5 + years.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=oneill8769 link=topic=65954.msg1133929#msg1133929 date=1167970991]
Thanks Operator :goodjob:
[/quote]

Indeed....thanks :)

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Hey Oliver, I sent you another email in our convo. I guess you went to bed before you got it, or something..

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
[quote author=smokinAMD link=topic=65954.msg1134083#msg1134083 date=1167979479]
Hey Oliver, I sent you another email in our convo. I guess you went to bed before you got it, or something..
[/quote]

Correct. Look for an email in a few minutes :)

·
Registered
25,357 Posts
Come on mang...theres a 2 hour time difference between us, and I had to be at work at 7am. :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
i think using relay harness helps you to protect everything.... ballast, bulbs, your own electric system even more if u use fuses directly to ballast possitives (+).... so spend some bucks.... buy it or make it by your self its easy and cheap!! i think u may use it!!!.... i know how to do it if u need help feel free to ask me!!

here is topic i posted about it....

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=59674.0

1 - 15 of 15 Posts