Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my MS3 Cosmic Blue Sport yesterday and I can tell you guys already that I am regreting it. First off every where I go I get looks from people. Driving back from CT (2 hour drive) got me so many stares (specially as the sun was setting). Secondly the car is like crack. It is so addicting. Even after the 2 hour drive home I still wanted to drive it. I found every reason to drive the car last night (the only thing that sucks is that I still have to go easy on the car for the break in period). Even with the slightest tap of the gas the car just wants to take off. The seats in the car hug you like a good g/f should. I keep forgeting its a 6-speed (use to drive a 5spd mustang) so I am always leaving the car in 5th gear and forgetting about the 6th. I like how stiff the steering is, feels like I am driving a high end sports car. Actually I like everything about the car so far. So I will probably be spending every waking minute driving that thing, it's just so much damn fun. As a tradition to myself I always name my cars. My Mustang was Eleanor, my Xterra was Isabel and the MS3 will now be called Trillian after a character in my favorite book series.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
i hate you :evil: j/k! I test drove one tuesday night when getting work done on my regular 3 and i'm going to have to go to support groups to resist the urge to trade.... :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My g/f has the regular Mazda 3 Sedan and even though its a really nice car it doesn't compare to the MS3. This car is just the shit.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
wait a second, i have a mazda 3 sedan..... damn you mazdaspeed!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I hear ya Mostly harmless, its a tough burden to bear, but someone has to do it, glad to know you are one of the people strong enough to handle it. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=67916.msg1170071#msg1170071 date=1169824196]
I hear ya Mostly harmless, its a tough burden to bear, but someone has to do it, glad to know you are one of the people strong enough to handle it. :D
[/quote]

I am trying my best.... 8)

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
Don't Panic

(in large friendly letters.)

·
Registered
355 Posts
[quote author=Mostly Harmless link=topic=67916.msg1169996#msg1169996 date=1169819637]
I just picked up my MS3 Cosmic Blue Sport yesterday and I can tell you guys already that I am regreting it. First off every where I go I get looks from people. Driving back from CT (2 hour drive) got me so many stares (specially as the sun was setting). Secondly the car is like crack. It is so addicting. Even after the 2 hour drive home I still wanted to drive it. I found every reason to drive the car last night (the only thing that sucks is that I still have to go easy on the car for the break in period). Even with the slightest tap of the gas the car just wants to take off. The seats in the car hug you like a good g/f should. I keep forgeting its a 6-speed (use to drive a 5spd mustang) so I am always leaving the car in 5th gear and forgetting about the 6th. I like how stiff the steering is, feels like I am driving a high end sports car. Actually I like everything about the car so far. So I will probably be spending every waking minute driving that thing, it's just so much damn fun. As a tradition to myself I always name my cars. My Mustang was Eleanor, my Xterra was Isabel and the MS3 will now be called Trillian after a character in my favorite book series.
[/quote]

So here I am opening a thread titled "this sucks!" . Im a little excited about finally having somebody give me a reason why I should cancel my order and go blow even more money on a STI...and what do I find?? Somebody making it even harder for me to wait for my MS3!!! Its being built in February, Ive already ordered parts for it. I cant wait, and I know I will have the same problem as you Mostly Harmless! Congrats on the new ride, no speeding tickets alright bud!?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True Red: Right on dude!

sturge-speed3: Thats going to be hard considering that on the way home I was doing like 70 and it only felt like 50. I think I am going to try to do all 600 break in miles in just 2 days.

General question: After the break in period I want to change to synthetic oil, is that ok or should I use regular oil until about 5000 miles?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
[quote author=mazdamn02 link=topic=67916.msg1169998#msg1169998 date=1169820106]
i hate you :evil: j/k! I test drove one tuesday night when getting work done on my regular 3 and i'm going to have to go to support groups to resist the urge to trade.... :D
[/quote]

Just wait til you get a ride in one that doesn't have a salesman in it. I tell you what, the first time it lit the tires in second, I know I had picked a winner.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Attaboy!
Glad you feel the same! I went thru 3 full tanks of gas in one week. I DROVE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF IT. 850 MILES, broken-in in ONE week.
Then an accident.

LIVE UP THE DREAM UP! LIVE IT UP! :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
[quote author=Mostly Harmless link=topic=67916.msg1170122#msg1170122 date=1169826695]
True Red: Right on dude!

sturge-speed3: Thats going to be hard considering that on the way home I was doing like 70 and it only felt like 50. I think I am going to try to do all 600 break in miles in just 2 days.

General question: After the break in period I want to change to synthetic oil, is that ok or should I use regular oil until about 5000 miles?
[/quote]

Cant answer your oil questions, I know you want synthetic, but dont know when... Anyways if you want to break it in fast, here is some simple math for ya to get it done faster than 2 days!!

600 miles for break in period

100 miles per hour for 6 hours = 600 miles

then your happy cuzz its broken in, the police are happy because youve donated about $1500 in tickets, and were happy because we get to hear the stories!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
[quote author=Mostly Harmless link=topic=67916.msg1169996#msg1169996 date=1169819637]
First off every where I go I get looks from people. Driving back from CT (2 hour drive) got me so many stares
[/quote]

Were you really getting stares? My 6 year old WRX got more stares than my MS3. I have yet to get a glance from anyone. I like it this way though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
After reading this thread, I now realize why I've been feeling like I'm depressed. I've had my MS3 for three weeks, now... But I'm still driving my old car (4Runner) to work, while I drive the MS3 sparingly. It's only got 200 miles so far (7 miles when it left the dealer lot). After today, I will finally park the old car, put it up for sale, drive the MS3 like no tomorrow, and make myself happy again.

To the original poster: My experience has been different when it comes to people looking at my car. I get hardly any stares, and people just think it's a regular bright red 3, instead of an "arrest-me-red" MS3. Police don't even give me a first look, let alone a second one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
[quote author=oatmealboy link=topic=67916.msg1170262#msg1170262 date=1169831660]
After reading this thread, I now realize why I've been feeling like I'm depressed. I've had my MS3 for three weeks, now... But I'm still driving my old car (4Runner) to work, while I drive the MS3 sparingly. It's only got 200 miles so far (7 miles when it left the dealer lot). After today, I will finally park the old car, put it up for sale, drive the MS3 like no tomorrow, and make myself happy again.

To the original poster: My experience has been different when it comes to people looking at my car. I get hardly any stares, and people just think it's a regular bright red 3, instead of an "arrest-me-red" MS3. Police don't even give me a first look, let alone a second one.
[/quote]

that would explain the depression...Unless you are surrounded by ice and snow, you have committed a sin against your new baby!! you should apologize to her, give her a nice cleaning and make her feel better...you think your depressed?? think of how neglected your baby is feeling. it must hurt to feel unwanted...lol

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Heh, mine just sits in the garage and looks around for something to scare. It's kinda mean like that.

·
Registered
355 Posts
[quote author=mndsm link=topic=67916.msg1170292#msg1170292 date=1169832954]
Heh, mine just sits in the garage and looks around for something to scare. It's kinda mean like that.
[/quote]

haha you need to teach it some manners?? It can driver like a wild child, but it doesnt have to act like one all the time.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts