Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I just wanted to say hi to everyone and lots of you might know me from the last sponsor i worked with here and those that don't, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member to this forum. Just took delivery a week ago of a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport HB 6 speed.

I'm having an issue I hope some of you can address. At highway speeds (70+) I'm hearing a whinning sound. Very annoying. We went back to the dealership this morning and he let me test a automatic and another manual to see if those two made similar sounds. First off, I was surprised that the auto cruised at 500 rpm less at the same speed. The other manual did not make the same sounds. Btw, the test drive did not include cruising at anything more than 60 mph and that was just a few miles on the highway. Of course, no recourse on exchanging the vehicle, even with only 260 miles on it. The service manager did ride with us and also heard the whinning. He claims that it may be because it needs "breaking in". After testing the other two vehicles he had already left for the day so I could not address the findings.

I must say that I'm really enjoying the car... but this whinning sound is driving me nuts!

Thoughts anyone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts