Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of painting my stock snowflakes since powdercoating, locally, would cost me $300 plus, which is half the price of some new Rotas. If I paint, I would of course take my time, remove the tires and do it the right way.

Now, I have a Galaxy Grey Sedan, and I am considering either a gloss black, hyper black, or gunmetal color. I'm also thinking of changing the color of my calipers from red to a mango orange. I like this look, without the the polished lip on the rims:

Whatch y'all think?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't spend money to PC snowflakes. I would just paint them or buy new rims. Or, sell your snowflakes to offset the cost of new rims.

If you do paint, gunmetal will be the easiest and will look good on your GG. Mango calipers, go for it. I think they will look great. G2 makes a color close to that. http://www.dabears2k.com/product_info.php?products_id=249

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The actual orange that is closest to a Mango orange like on the Benz would probably be the special Mustang Grabber Orange by G2 but that stuff is more expensive. Not sure if it would be worth it.

Also, how hard is it to remove the current Red G2 that is on my calipers? I notice that it does have some chips already.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, should I use the Duplicolor rim paint or Engine Enamel? I want the best and strongest paint possible. And I also plan on using several clear coats.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
IMO....stick with wheel paint. I used duplicolor engine primer on my rx8's and paint that is for other vehicles. If your going something basic. Used the wheel paint. not worth spending too much money on a project that your gonna do on your own. the most I spent since it was a paint thats hard to find was about $80 roughly. Thats because I started from scratch and worked my way up

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$80 aint bad. That's about the price of getting one wheel powdercoated around here. Kind of wondering what the graphite dupli wheel paint would look like on my GG cool or perhaps a botched attempt at matching GG. Then again, GG looks kinda blue in a lot of lights.

Is the dupli wheel clear the best clear to use for durability and prevention of yellowing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts