Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to get a PC, and wanted to either just buy a kit or buy the machine than pads. I have some 'type 2' water marks... which I need to use a compound with to get off (reason I want the PC) Looking at chemical guys, It would seem I need the yellow pad.

Yellow Cutting Pad -Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches in conjunction with a polishing compound. It is the most aggressive and should only be used on oxidized and older finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange pad and a fine polish and then a white pad to refine the paint until it is smooth

Would that be true? Or is there a diffrent color that would do it? looks like Dabears has a kit but the kit does not have the yellow, well most kits I have found do not which is why I am not sure about getting a pre-put-together kit, I understand that means I will need to buy the orange pad than the ____ pad....

I'm pretty new to all this (PC stuff) sorry if these seem like rather easy questions, its alot of money and I want to do it right :)

the compound I have is the new by hand it looked like the water marks have gone, but I have the whole hood and top of car todo...
1 - 1 of 1 Posts