Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2463 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove the car. Only problem I had (somewhat minor) is that the clutch pedal seemed to arch right into my foot when I pressed it down. It was pushing my foot out instead of letting my foot push it down to the floor, weird! Some pedal switches would fix that up no prob. The only other thing I thought was junky were the tires. Low-profile 17 inch Goodyear's on the GFX models? Come on now! Talk about skiddascious. Bridgestone Turenzas or Potenzas would fix that up no probs. Other than that, this car is sweet and needs a test drive. My buddy test drove it right after me, and within 3 minutes wanted to give up his brand-new lease on his 2003 Civic Si...hahahha, sucker!

EDIT: Title+Sticky

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
No top of dash bin (like in the 6)
No SAB/SAC (and DSC) in Canada
Black tail lights should be standard on ALL 3s.
No dumb pattern on the doors' (cloth)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
No trunk release button on Keyless Fob
Like Dinu, no storage comparment on top of dash
No BOSE(or other higher end system) option for stereo
A rear seat armrest would be nice ( but not missed that much)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
No trunk release button on Keyless Fob
No BOSE(or other higher end system) option for stereo
A rear seat armrest would be nice ( but not missed that much)

·
Registered
396 Posts
- rear view mirror is too small, because of the small rear window
as a result...rear vision is not as good as i'd like

- no rear arm rest

- two tone cloth (especially red/black) is a little cheesy, but acceptable

·
Registered
984 Posts
Why doesn't Mazda have a trunk release on the fob? My '99 Protege doesn't have one either.

I didn't notice when I test drove, but I hope it has more than one speed of intermittent wipers.

Things I disliked:

-Trunk was weird (big trunk, but it just opened weird)

-No color inserts on doors.

-Optional spoiler.

·
Registered
177 Posts
lmp180psu said:
]
Cuz that part was supposedly to be the spot where the pop out navagation GPS should be. But we don't have it here :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tires... I'm burning rubber many times unintentionally cause there just isn't enough grip on a slightly damp road.

Should be an On-Dash glove box (where Nav should be)

Foot-rest next to clutch is only carpet (not heavy-duty). This'll get too much wear and wear through the carpet.

Speakers only 6.5" (around that size). No large 6x9's in the back window of the sedan.

·
Registered
137 Posts
A few things...

- rear-view mirror is too small (but i'll get used to it)
- no trunk release on key fob (come on, it comes with cavaliers for crying out loud!)
- trunk opening is a strange shape, but i'm sure stuff will fit through just fine.

(as you may be able to tell, i'm hoping to get a Mazda3, so there really can't be that much wrong with it in my eyes)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
you guys can always get one of those extended rear view mirror at one of those chinese auto place. haha cause I have one on mine and it works great.

Another thing I have problem with the 3...the cup holders... if you don't put anything in there.. it's fine..but once you put a biggie size drink in there.. it gets in to way of my shifting. =\

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh yeah! It never occured to me! Had the same cup holder placement in our old Accord, but it never bothered us - because it was a slushbox! Thanks for pointing that out, FM. Hmm, maybe I should get the ATX instead ...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't like the headrests on the back seat. They are blocking almost 30% of the view!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah me too, so i got rid of them, now they are in my room :)
and i think it look 'sportier' (does that exist ??)
without the rear headrest

·
Registered
40 Posts
doesnt matter anyways cuz i got the windows tinted :) i'll have my car back tomorow, and i'll take pictures :) hope it'll look good

1 - 20 of 2463 Posts