Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking into getting sometime this year, and i read all the threads about what people didn't like about them. now i wanna hear all the things they love about them.

EDIT: Title+Sticky

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hey flipped cracker,

You're out in Orange County, California? You should come by the SF Bay Area sometime and party out here :-D

Anyways, what I love about my Mazda 3s sedan.

Looks: The exterior and interior of the car are very stylish and functional. I have a titanium grey sedan with the black/red cloth interior. This combination gives me the feeling that I'm driving a Euro-styled car (even though I know it's really Japanese :wink: ). The car is mostly curves and I'd take that over boxy and angled any day. The interior design, IMHO, is ergonomic and well thought out. The 17" wheels are also great and fit the car's body well.

Performance: The 2.3 liter I-4 is quite peppy. I have the 5-speed manual and it's blast to row through the gears. The manual shifts are short, quick, slightly notchy, but fun. The clutch is also forgiving. The handling for this front wheel driven car is pretty good too. Turns are sharp and precise and acceleration, as mentioned before, is nice and brisk. The feedback is decent and communicates well to the driver.

Comfort: Driving over poor road conditions may be a little rough for some people in this car, but overall, I find it well balanced between comfort and aspiring sportiness. The seats are adequate and hold me well when I'm driving with a little more "spirit". This car is great for a daily driver, and also when you want to take your secret backroad (aka fun-road) to home or work.

Miscellenous: I'd like to mention that I love the Xenon headlights and the 17" wheels (both are options). Very few cars in this class even offer them. The other nifty feature I'd like to mention is the HUGE glove box (standard). They weren't kidding that you can fit a computer laptop in there. The dash is great and I love the illuminscent lighting. The sound system is setup well and I like the steering wheel mounted controls.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Things I like

I like that I never have to drive mine, and that Mazda keeps it in the shop for 4 weeks while I wait for my part to come in for an ABS sensor malfunction.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Re: Things I like

factrzero said:
I like that I never have to drive mine, and that Mazda keeps it in the shop for 4 weeks while I wait for my part to come in for an ABS sensor malfunction.
This could be taken as a sarcastic remark or it could mean that you love it so much that you don't want it to be "broken'in" (wear n' tear).

It's like having a new shoe...... don't want it to touch the dirt, but want to wear it.

I just can't wait to have mines in: latest April, or sooner if the dealer locates it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I love my 3 b/c:

-the interior looks good.
-the car is not expensive.
and some of the little things: Washer Fluid Reminder, Cool Guages,
-seats grew on me, now i love them.
-huge glove box

its basically a wicked car for the price.

there's not many things that make it standout compared to other good cars.

its just that, this car should be more expensive, but its not.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Titanium Dragon said:
Hey flipped cracker,

You're out in Orange County, California? You should come by the SF Bay Area sometime and party out here :-D

Anyways, what I love about my Mazda 3s sedan.

Looks: The exterior and interior of the car are very stylish and functional. I have a titanium grey sedan with the black/red cloth interior. This combination gives me the feeling that I'm driving a Euro-styled car (even though I know it's really Japanese :wink: ). The car is mostly curves and I'd take that over boxy and angled any day. The interior design, IMHO, is ergonomic and well thought out. The 17" wheels are also great and fit the car's body well.

Performance: The 2.3 liter I-4 is quite peppy. I have the 5-speed manual and it's blast to row through the gears. The manual shifts are short, quick, slightly notchy, but fun. The clutch is also forgiving. The handling for this front wheel driven car is pretty good too. Turns are sharp and precise and acceleration, as mentioned before, is nice and brisk. The feedback is decent and communicates well to the driver.

Comfort: Driving over poor road conditions may be a little rough for some people in this car, but overall, I find it well balanced between comfort and aspiring sportiness. The seats are adequate and hold me well when I'm driving with a little more "spirit". This car is great for a daily driver, and also when you want to take your secret backroad (aka fun-road) to home or work.

Miscellenous: I'd like to mention that I love the Xenon headlights and the 17" wheels (both are options). Very few cars in this class even offer them. The other nifty feature I'd like to mention is the HUGE glove box (standard). They weren't kidding that you can fit a computer laptop in there. The dash is great and I love the illuminscent lighting. The sound system is setup well and I like the steering wheel mounted controls.
I was going to mention all of the things you did, except that I will be getting an auto, and I love the "fun" the activematic gives me when I want to interact with the car more. Damn, I wish it was the end of March, not February :(

·
Registered
656 Posts
I don't own an MZ3 yet, but what i do like about this car is that in the automatic model, the computer tells you (Dashboard) which gear you're in!
This is just awesome, and this feature is found only in high-end cars.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
I love the fact that I beat a Mazdaspeed Protege from a roll :) I know his car should have beat me but he must have sucked at driving.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: what are things you DO like about your 3?

flipped cracker said:
i'm looking into getting sometime this year, and i read all the threads about what people didn't like about them. now i wanna hear all the things they love about them.
Well. It ZOOOOM ZOOOOM ZOOOOOOM'ed. :D

·
Registered
878 Posts
I like everything about my MZ3 HB atx. The peppy engine that doesn't vibrate (like the Zetec I traded), the manual shift mode, the exterior fit and finish and interior is great for an under $20,000 car, the dashboard is great, especially at night, the large glove compartment, the leather seats are a little hard but supportive, the hatch with the cover removed and seats down will hold a lot of stuff for a small car (31 cubic ft). Even the alloys are easy to clean the brake dust.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i've actually had my 3 for about a month now, so i can add what i like to this list.

i love the shifter. it's solid and smooth. i also love the xenon lights. and the steering wheel mounted radio controls. now when i drive other cars, i forget they don't have those. and i love how solid the doors and windows are. really, i just love the whole car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not in any order:

Styling - inside and out.
Fuel efficiency.
Features for the money (i.e. Xenons, curtain airbags)
Performance - handling and general scooting about town.

Best bang for the buck, IMHO. :)

M

·
0 Posts
I love absolutely everything about the car...

The feel, touch, smell - EVERYTHING!!!

also when your mates get in the car, they're like....WOW...

It's so elegant and classy in there, especially @ night when everything lights up..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Orange county representation on this forum!

About the car = my dad owns a mercedes (not trying to promote anything), but my point is that my dad (auto afficianado to the extreme) loves driving my car when Im at school more than his E500, and he told me that he would never drive a mazda, how funny. The only prob. is he is prob. rackin up the miles

This is one reason I love this car soo much. And all the other reasons have already been mentioned

- :smokin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
malebastard said:
It's so elegant and classy in there, especially @ night when everything lights up..
My wife likes how it lights up at night as well! I love the different dashboard, much more exciting than the usual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What I like about my Mazda 3

I like the rain sensing wipers - they speed up as the rain fall harder and the car speeds up - variable speed that adapts to the elements, automatic headlights, theatre lighting that comes on when you unlock the car and turn off the ignition, power down driver window, anti-lock brakes, EBFD, 17 in. mag wheels, 4 wheel discs, great fully adjustable seats, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, steering wheel mounted cruise and audio controls, standard 6 speaker audio system.

·
Registered
80 Posts
To summarize...

:D Every time I wash the 3, look at in my driveway, get in to drive it, get out after a drive etc etc. I always think that I have a really great car at a very fair price... this car "underpromises" (it costs just a few more $$$ than most econo-boxes) but "overdelivers" in just about any way. A couple years ago I'd never thought I'd be able to have such a satisfying car for such a reasonable price. Mazda hit a homerun with this car!

(Mazda 3 GT / GFX / LIP SPLR / SAND MICA)

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is something I just noticed this morning:

I like that the rear windows go ALL the way down.

Besides that, I like all the extra room in the engine bay. Gave plenty of room to add air tank and compressor for horns and looks like everything is going to be easy to work on.

Plus all the other stuff that people are saying. :)

1 - 20 of 381 Posts