Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this question has already been posed in the main forums, but what features in the MZ3 do you rooly miss from your other Oz spec cars?

Before the MZ3 I was driving a VX Commodore. The commy was a very nice car:twisted: but the MZ3 rates better in many :!: other ways. Nevertheless, there are some little things I miss like the speed alert, 30secs of aux power after you turn the engine off to put your windows up :roll:, power adjustable seats with lumbar support. So what accessories would you like to see in future Oz spec MZ3s?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'd like to see switchable traction control, however I don't think it needs dynamic stability control. Tweeters are also unacceptably missing for such a new car, they're in the vehicle in the states and Japan and should be in the car in Oz. My SP20 doesn't have tweeters and the Xtrail has, they really round out the sound. At least make them an acessory or something - sheesh!

It should also have a dead pedal rest, at least basic lumbar support adjustment and other nice to haves would be rain sensing wipers, xenon lights and more of a choice of colour interior for the SP23. For instance I get red & black interior with the Nordic green, I quite like it but would prefer plain black.

I'm not a fan of electric seats as they can be a nuisance if they break, perhaps an option though.

I guess its only one big downfall is its lack of traction control.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree with all your points fiord

·
Registered
250 Posts
My last car was an almost dead volvo and many things needed fixing, so ill be happy in 2 weeks when my MZ3sp23 arrives, and get to drive a car where everything just works....

also i think a speed alarm would be the last item on my want list for a car (just my opinion)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about that. With speeding fines and demerit points I was quite happy with the speed alert... the inconvenience saved me a packet. In the MZ3 I typically hit 3rd at 60kph and the lack of road or engine noise it's not always easy to judge your speed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
radar detectors are very cool, pity they're illegal here as I lived in NZ's Wellington for a couple of years and got one there, picked up a lotta oinks on it, saved thousands and could cruise around at 130 km, and never once got booked by a cop.

over there they have to send you the speed camera fine within 2 weeks or its null and void and best of all there is no demerits :wink:

some of their south island roads are absolute rippers, nobody but you on them and some cool scenery, went from wellington / ferry / queenstown in a single 14 hour trip and averaged a little over 100km including a stop for coffee, lunch, gas.

had a company Mz 626 that was only about 94 kilowatts, but very solid and dependable, thrashed the living sh*t out of it and it never had a single problem. My SP20 has had zero issues, hence the SP23 will be my 3rd Mz in 5 years, although I stick to Nissan for my suv's.

·
Registered
250 Posts
well maybe im just more aware of the speed im going and the speed laws around my area.

But I do know about the fact that the speed alarm is a crap Idea, and I haven't had a speeding ticket in years, why dont you just slow down more often and you wont need a speed alarm. I'm always under the speed limit when I drive and only let loose on certain roads in my area. So an alarm would be a big pain in the Car

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your personal opinion is not a fact. I've used it for the last couple of years and I too haven't had a fine or demerit point - that _fact_ may mean it's worked and may mean it hasn't. But I've had many situations where I've found them very useful. For example, this afternoon I was driving into the sun and unable to makeout the speedo - even with tinted windows and sunglasses. This is one real situations a little technology has helped _me_ to avoid fines and concentrate on what's happening on the road.

BTW, these alarms are mostly voluntary - you set them if you find them useful. However it does tend to get added as an accessory to modern cars... just not Mazdas for some reason.

·
Registered
650 Posts
From my old car (Pajero) I miss the ability to drive over round abouts and sand dunes. I also miss the sunroof but not the sand that always engulfed the car after a camping trip at the beach.
Oh, and smoking in the car.....yeah I miss that. Damn that new car smell.

·
Registered
108 Posts
NO SUNROOF OPTION

NO TWEETERS (4 speakers - crap sound overall)

NO FOOTREST

This car deserves the above. Well at least the SP23 does!

I'm getting my car today, so I hope I don't find anything else missing.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another thing I thought of was dual-stage central locking. The first press of the commy remote opened the driver door and the second press opened all doors. Stops unwanted people jumping in! ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
and a little remote boot opener for the sedan...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Maybe they should connect a wire to your seat and everytime you go over 60 the seat gives you an electric shock........

M

·
0 Posts
I feel the foot well is too small, and resting your left foot on the dead pedal becomes quite a challenge, especially for the manual choice where all the pedals are clustered together... Way to close to each other!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts