Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was jobless for a few months and falling behind on my payments so they came and took her away at my new job the other day and i wont have her anymore is been great being on the forums for the past year and got to know alot of great peoples and thanks so much guys and i will still stick around.....

:cry:

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about that. :( I hope you'll find yourself in another Mazda3 one day. :)

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont even know how bed my Credit will be after this..... was able to get a 6.9% a year ago... i am only 22 so i should be ok... i think

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sometimes I dont understand these car companies. Yea he defaulted on his loan...for what a few months a couple months.

So what they are out 900-1200 bucks right?

With this recession hitting them all so hard why pay 1500 bucks to tow the car and have it shipped or stored in a yard etc....then have it fill your lots waiting to be revamped to be resold as a used car or auctioned off or whatevers. What a waste...especially because he has a new job now... give him a sec .

Sorry...just ranting... it happened to a friend of mine too over something stupid. (Switched insurance and had no insurance for like 2 days) So they came and picked his car up and told him they wanted 3000 for towing fees and shit...keep in mind this was all without calling him or notifying him or asking him what was going on or anything. Its not like he was some 18 year old child that worked at mcdonalds and could barely pay the insurance and car payment.

Im sure its the same case with you too... either way its redic...

BTW Wallace they are required by law to contact you and notify you when and where the action for your car is!

They can be sued if you are unaware of the auction. You might also want to contact them and find out what your options are... You might be able to bargain with them.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
Since you have a job, isn't there any way you can pay back the missed payments? I just read about it the other day.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have the money for the missed payments but carmax want 15000 out right right now if i want my car back and 650 for the towing......

·
Registered
710 Posts
[quote author=yung_wallace link=topic=139747.msg3011799#msg3011799 date=1237831428]
i have the money for the missed payments but carmax want 15000 out right right now if i want my car back and 650 for the towing......
[/quote]

They cant ask you for the entire price of the vehicle ... what BS they wont even get that much at auction. Just wait and find out where the action is so you can get a change to buy the car back. If you have saved up a decent amount you might get lucky. Check with your local credit union or you bank and see if you can get a approved loan for the car. Even if you roll in there with like 10k including what oyu have now it will give you a chance.

They cant just take the car and throw it back up on the carmaxx lot...

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i talked to them this morning was telling them how they dont want my car cuz is not stock and i cant even understand the guy on the phone...... and i keep telling them i can pay 2000 right now to be ahead of my paymets and they still said no..... i just dont want to call my dad.... he will kill me.....

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
I'm confused. If you have the $2k to go ahead on the payments, why didn't you call them to make a payment before they took your car?

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was going to on friday cuz i just got my tax refund in and my gf needed to go to the doctor and she was so sick that i have to drive her and by the time we were done i have to be at work then they came and took it on friday night at my work

·
Registered
710 Posts
[quote author=yung_wallace link=topic=139747.msg3011843#msg3011843 date=1237832389]
i was going to on friday cuz i just got my tax refund in and my gf needed to go to the doctor and she was so sick that i have to drive her and by the time we were done i have to be at work then they came and took it on friday night at my work
[/quote]

Try and see if you can get your case reassigned. Contact their offices directly and ask to speak to a manager/supervisor. Let them know that you are having difficulty communicating with your current rep and that you would like to be reassigned because it is making things very difficult. Also if they do not cooperate remember... im not 100% sure but here in California they have to Auction the car off. They are then required by law to notify you of where and when the action is. Might want to google your states REPO rules and regulations. Might also want to make a call to your local police station and see if they have someone that might be able to answer you questions. (make sure they arent trying to extort you) considering the Blue book on that car is probably lower then what they are asking for.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=cuzzinz link=topic=139747.msg3011865#msg3011865 date=1237832823]
[quote author=yung_wallace link=topic=139747.msg3011843#msg3011843 date=1237832389]
[/quote]

Try and see if you can get your case reassigned. Contact their offices directly and ask to speak to a manager/supervisor. Let them know that you are having difficulty communicating with your current rep and that you would like to be reassigned because it is making things very difficult. Also if they do not cooperate remember... im not 100% sure but here in California they have to Auction the car off. They are then required by law to notify you of where and when the action is. Might want to google your states REPO rules and regulations. Might also want to make a call to your local police station and see if they have someone that might be able to answer you questions. (make sure they arent trying to extort you) considering the Blue book on that car is probably lower then what they are asking for.
[/quote]

yeah i will try again later...i am just freaking out right now atm and cant even think right and i think they have to action it off and i will have to pay whatever they didnt get from it...... or my dad will since he is the lead holder...thats the reason why i dont want to call him.... look on the bright side is atlast i am not car less..... driving my gf's car....i am just so lost cuz this never happened to me before

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
Wait........ so the car is in your dad's name, and you let it get repo'd!??!?!??!

I'd f'ing kill you. You just f'ed HIS credit.

·
Registered
710 Posts
[quote author=yung_wallace link=topic=139747.msg3011880#msg3011880 date=1237833191]
[quote author=cuzzinz link=topic=139747.msg3011865#msg3011865 date=1237832823]
[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah i will try again later...i am just freaking out right now atm and cant even think right and i think they have to action it off and i will have to pay whatever they didnt get from it...... or my dad will since he is the lead holder...thats the reason why i dont want to call him.... look on the bright side is atlast i am not car less..... driving my gf's car....i am just so lost cuz this never happened to me before
[/quote]

Yeah now would be a good time to tell dad. Before they call him and he murders you... rofl...

try not to be freaked out of angry when you talk to them...just get it taken care of...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=ito link=topic=139747.msg3011910#msg3011910 date=1237833827]
Wait........ so the car is in your dad's name, and you let it get repo'd!??!?!??!

[/quote]

Ouch... yeah. I'm kind of surprised they didn't contact him already. Normally they'll notify everybody they can to get their money.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=ito link=topic=139747.msg3011910#msg3011910 date=1237833827]

[/quote]

thanks.....i know that and i been telling him he need to help me cuz i was jobless but he said no i mean i try my best and did what i can u know... is not like i mean to fuck him over and loss my car....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
[quote author=cuzzinz link=topic=139747.msg3011807#msg3011807 date=1237831692]
[quote author=yung_wallace link=topic=139747.msg3011799#msg3011799 date=1237831428]
[/quote]

They cant ask you for the entire price of the vehicle ... what BS they wont even get that much at auction. Just wait and find out where the action is so you can get a change to buy the car back. If you have saved up a decent amount you might get lucky. Check with your local credit union or you bank and see if you can get a approved loan for the car. Even if you roll in there with like 10k including what oyu have now it will give you a chance.

They cant just take the car and throw it back up on the carmaxx lot...
[/quote]
Says who? He defaulted on the loan, which gives the bank the right to accelerate the loan and demand full payment. If they choose, they can give you the option of making up the payments but they dont have to. They also dont have to wait for more than one payment to be late. Also, what he owes is the balance of his loan, not a car. The car is collateral. Once they auction it off, the remaining balance plus repo and reconditioning fees will still be owed.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Same thing happened to my sister. They told her she would have to pay pack the the outstanding balance on the loan to get her car back.

·
Registered
710 Posts
[quote author=noah2383 link=topic=139747.msg3012000#msg3012000 date=1237836354]
Same thing happened to my sister. They told her she would have to pay pack the the outstanding balance on the loan to get her car back.
[/quote]

I guess I must have been off on assuming this... but i have never seen a car company actually ask for the full balance before. Especially now when it would probably cost them more money to go through all the BS instead of just having him pay the 2800 to catch up on the payment and pay for the repo fees...

I dont get it. This is why our country is going to shit. Wallace is going to be stuck with shitty credit and a 5000 dollar loan and 2000 in repo fees in the end of all this... half of his car payment

Keeping him stuck in debt and unable to buy a car... to get to his NEW job that he could have just payed the orig loan amount with. Forcing him to possibly make a bad decision and buy a POS clunker which he might end up having to put even MORE money into to make it work right...still paying off his shitty loan for a car he doesnt even have.

SO in the end CARMAXX wants him to pay in full for the car that he clearly doesnt have the money to pay for...then when he doesnt have they want to make sure that he cant buy a car...and will have a hard time getting a job for th next few years of his life.... what BS....

BTW Wallace i would recommend talking to your bank or credit union. See if they can preapprove you for the 15k and then make a deal with car max... tell them you will pay 15k for the car...but will not agree to drop the full 800 in fees. That way you get the car off their lot and everyone is happy. If not try to talk them down to pay for everything... So they dont think that you did it on purpose and all... but so that you can get the car back.

I dont think your credit is marked as REPO yet...so you might get lucky. BTW you need to talk to your dad about all this!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.