Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my 3 in for a bad door lock at North penn imports in colmar. The lock was covered under warrenty so they gave my a loaner. Two days later, i get a call and they tell me its done but since my inspection is up this month, should they inspect it. I told them to and call me when its done. Well, they called and tell me that my car doesn't work and that it's stalling. In between all of his jibber jabber, he tells me that they were doing something with the MAF sensor. As soon as he tells me this i start arguing with him. I knew exactly what the dumbass techs did, and anyone who has a CAI installed would also. The retard must have pushed the little retaining clip back into the battery box and pulled my MAF sensor wires. That is a clear no-no when installing a cai as printed in any of the directions. So long story short, they try to blame me and ask me if I would like to fix it. What the hell? I tell them to eat me and that my car better work when i pick it up. It was, but i'm still worried about a possible problem in the future. So watch out, don't let the dealers try to get one over on you. Anyone ever had a similar experience?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
That sucks the techs there are noobs.

I think they should fix it and you should get what you want if you contact other dealers and mazda and make a fuss. (Or at least you'll get answers)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
okay, why were they even messing with the maf sensor when they were replacing the door lock? Also this is one of the reason's I try put the stock intake when my car goes in for anything. Hopefully they fixed it at no cost to you.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
[quote author=mica3speedy link=topic=66434.msg1139939#msg1139939 date=1168315997]
okay, why were they even messing with the maf sensor when they were replacing the door lock? Also this is one of the reason's I try put the stock intake when my car goes in for anything. Hopefully they fixed it at no cost to you.
[/quote]

He okay'd an inspection that's why they were in the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Probably saw the clips out put them in, then realized you had a CAI, so they were like oh shit yo, fast n furious time, and boned out around the block a few times, double clutchin and everything. JK bout that

But it sounds like they put the clips back in and would have had to driven it somewhat hard to get the wires to snap. Id be more pissed about that... Unless your wires were already weakened and then having them put the clips back in was the final straw..

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
[quote author=MotorolaBizz link=topic=66434.msg1140111#msg1140111 date=1168322321]
[quote author=mica3speedy link=topic=66434.msg1139939#msg1139939 date=1168315997]
[/quote]

He okay'd an inspection that's why they were in the engine bay.
[/quote]

didn't see that :oops:

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
thats why I removed the clips completely...so it can't happen accidentally.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks everyone who phoned in on this. I was pretty pissed but luckily for them i haven't had any problems yet with it. Just trying to warn others with a CAI. Don't give your car to some retard tech at a mazda shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts