Mazda3 Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
wooo goodies!

I was just talking to someone about Jongbloeds this weekend actually, I didn't realize they made that style.
However now I see the issue.

One the issue is... your back is going to HATE you!

Two, those are only 9 wides :(

And that's the issue I just ran into with the 6ULs which is... the only street tires for 15s now are 205s and smaller widths.

ive already been looking into upgrading the padding and adding a Lotus air bladder/lumbar support for the seat to make it enjoyable for long drives....

they had 15x8, 15x9 and 15x10 at one point in the Joengbloeds... i have 15x9's Lauren Joy has 15x8's for her 10AE and Shawn Mellinger has 15x10's on his MSM
where did you see 205s and smaller only?
tire rack still has BFG Rivals, Kuhmo Ecsta v720s and Toyo Proxes R1R's in 225-45-15 in stock... they usually run out around this time of year because they sold out of the 2015 stock and 2016s arent made yet... its been like this the last 2 years since ive owned my MSM

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
I'll have to keep hunting then, I only saw 15x9s, and really only reasonable place I could find was Flyin'Miata.

lol and of course, every tire you just listed is an RComp. I don't really want that, I want a higher mileage tire (because daily driver high mileage car)

Also, when did Lauren get a 10ae?!

And a side question; do you still have your stock steering wheel from the MSM? Planning on getting rid of it? lol
I really want one.
My Nardi is falling apart, and don't really want to replace it with another, hate how the leather is seamed. Really want an MSM steering wheel. Most people just go to an aftermarket without the airbag but I figured I want to keep this one looking OEM+ inside.
Which will look less weird when I eventually get the elise seats recovered.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
FM and Phils Tire were the only places selling the Aero 500 wheels
https://philstireservice.com/wheels/jongbloed-racing-wheel/

gotcha, then yea i dont know what to tell you, i was willing to blow through a set of tires each year cause that meant i was having alot of fun

Lauren has had a 10ae for a couple years, its been a project that Shawn has been little by little working on, if memory served right, it had a bad motor and most of the suspension was rusted... so they got a donor car to get it back up and running, then sold a bunch of part off the donor to help offset that cost. i think it should surface this summer

i do have the stocker. im not too sure on whether id sell it or not, let me think it over....

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Just ran into that website actually. And haha, I would too! But I want RS3s and I can't find them anywhere anymore. At least those tires last, unlike just about anything else of that style. Heck, the 3's RS3s are still full of life and they're years old!

haha let me know on the steering wheel :p
At least you know it wouldn't be trashed or otherwise!

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
got the carpets out, test fit the seat, i have to start tweaking the rail to get me lower and further back cause i dont like the current location. I practiced my vinyl wrapping skills on the center console around the radio and shifter for future projects, plus i covered up that hideous silver

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
never was a fan of the silver.
And yay!
I was actually going to do my center console too. It's black, but the paint is all etched with stain marks and looks awful. Last thing I can do to clean up my interior and it's been bugging me forever, but that thing is a PITA to remove. But at the same time I have a phone mount I need to install.

I may even paint it, haven't decided yet (matte vinyl likes to hold grease a bit too easily for my liking)

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
never was a fan of the silver.
And yay!
I was actually going to do my center console too. It's black, but the paint is all etched with stain marks and looks awful. Last thing I can do to clean up my interior and it's been bugging me forever, but that thing is a PITA to remove. But at the same time I have a phone mount I need to install.

I may even paint it, haven't decided yet (matte vinyl likes to hold grease a bit too easily for my liking)
the matte vinyl matches the rest of the dash/interior parts damn near perfect, and im wrapping some exterior parts so i had a good bit extra to do some testing with haha

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
yeah, I've got some at work, I just can't decide what I want to do.

I'll likely wrap it the first time around though as well, and see how it holds up, otherwise will end up painting it satin black.

I too need to readjust my seats, they don't lean back enough.

And I want to say the same thing my dad said to me when I was installing my roll bar... why is the overspray in the interiors so uneven in these cars?! haha it's terrible!
At least the 3 is super consistent.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Got a bit more work done over the weekend...

Installed the bluetooth stereo, and the freshly wrapped center surround

BYE BYE loud "custom" 3" with fart cannon.... HEEELLLOO 3" FM exhaust

such a cleaner and more unassuming look now

HELLO LS Coils setup! (FM Big Spark)

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
You know you are getting close to being done when the laptop is out! I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! she will start this weekend after a little bit more calibration

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
got the car started Saturday, it idles beautifully and for partial throttle, revs pretty quickly... it was 30 and snowing Saturday so the shakedown has to wait til Wednesday or Thursday this week once the weather gets a little nicer.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Need to buy that scoop so bad before summer gets here.

Also, you should vinyl your window pillar black like mine.
i have a roll of matte black vinyl in the house awaiting the windshield frame already :wink2:... ive had the vinyl since December lol

great thread, thanks for sharing al the pictures! the car looks nice!
thanks!

61 - 76 of 76 Posts