Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There a small, probably $.02 decal that is supposed to come in the glove box of those who bought the GT version with a theft-deterrent system. It's described on page 3.30 of the manual.

Did you get one? I didn't, and am getting the stupidest run around from Mazda over this. They say they don't have them, go to the dealer; the dealer says they don't have them, go to MazdaUSA. Meanwhile, I think the presence of the decal is pretty important to stop someone smashing the window to attempt to steal the car....I've tried MazdaUSA 3 times without luck; any thoughts?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got 2 stickers but they are crummy little things and as a result they are still sitting in my manual. I've always had this idea about putting stickers and things on my car that super advertise my cars security features. Like check it out theives, you can't steal anything from me because my horn will start honking. Seems like it would make my car more likely to be broken into just so a thief could make the point haha you have all this security crap on your car and it doens't matter cause i smashed in all your windows and keyed your doors. but yes, I got stickers :)

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Hm... is this supposedly only for MS3s? Or for the regular Mz3 GT's too?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
i dont believe i did either. hrm... id like those.

as for thieves doing it cause its there and theyre cocky... not likely. the average thief is going to be all about the lowest risk. if he sees 2 cars of about equal value in a parking lot, and one's got a sticker saying it has an alarm, he's going to go for the one that he doesnt think might honk first.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=maxuz link=topic=71159.msg1249557#msg1249557 date=1173113771]
i dont believe i did either. hrm... id like those.

as for thieves doing it cause its there and theyre cocky... not likely. the average thief is going to be all about the lowest risk. if he sees 2 cars of about equal value in a parking lot, and one's got a sticker saying it has an alarm, he's going to go for the one that he doesnt think might honk first.
[/quote]

Bingo. They'll look for the path of least resistance. Same goes for homes...do you really think that everybody that has the security company sign out front really went and paid thousands for that high end alarm and monitoring service? Most likely not.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I have those. They were already stuck on my ride when I got them. I however, do not have any more zoom-zoom stickers :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=balsone link=topic=71159.msg1249536#msg1249536 date=1173113302]
I got 2 stickers but they are crummy little things and as a result they are still sitting in my manual. I've always had this idea about putting stickers and things on my car that super advertise my cars security features. Like check it out theives, you can't steal anything from me because my horn will start honking. Seems like it would make my car more likely to be broken into just so a thief could make the point haha you have all this security crap on your car and it doens't matter cause i smashed in all your windows and keyed your doors. but yes, I got stickers :)
[/quote]

I'd happily take one of them off your hands! (PM sent) I'd trade you a "zoom zoom" sticker if you'd like.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
i got the stickers in the glove box as well, been too excited about driving the car to take time to put the stickers on :D

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=71159.msg1249877#msg1249877 date=1173122834]
i got the stickers in the glove box as well, been too excited about driving the car to take time to put the stickers on :D
[/quote]

Has anyone made the "My door has been fixed so don't bother kicking it" sticker? :lol:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
[quote author=brecker link=topic=71159.msg1249918#msg1249918 date=1173124336]
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=71159.msg1249877#msg1249877 date=1173122834]
[/quote]

Has anyone made the "My door has been fixed so don't bother kicking it" sticker? :lol:
[/quote]

LOL...now THAT is a sticker that needs to be made!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I only received one and it was laying inside the glove compartment under the manual. The moment I pulled the manual out it ripped off and I had to trash it.

I'll take anybody's left overs too. I'll trade you a zoom-zoom and a sunlight silver Mazda paint canister for the alarm sticker... :wink:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Now if you told me Black Mica paint canister.... we'd be in business. I need to do some emblems.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
i got those decals 5 years ago with my first 2 Mazdas, then got em again last year with our replacements. Both fell off our old cars within 6 months, but left behind their sticky glue mess. Get a 50 cent flashing LED and put it somewhere that can be seen. Works great!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had one too.. however after looking at it I thought it looked a little cheesy so I decided not to use it. Plus, I'm hoping in the near future to get tinted so it would go away then anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts