Mazda3 Forums banner

WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I found out that if you have a stereo system and you have The power cable and aftermarket HID headlights attached to your battery, your dealership will try to charge you $150 to remove your battery to fix your tranny... buttheads heh but that's in the past it's all good I went and complained and basicaly told them whats up... they didn't charge me... ( i'm a diesel mechanic ) I know wtf...

·
Registered
217 Posts
How about a boost controller for the stock turbo on the Speed3? Would this void the warranty?

Dont laugh at me for this next question as I have never owned a car with FI...

If I do have a boost controller, is it easy to remove whenever I take it into the dealer? For example, if I have engine or tranny problems can I just take the Boost Guage off before I bring it into Mazda or would they know about it somehow??

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Re: The Will This Void My Warranty Thread. OIL

[quote author=Tony D link=topic=48881.msg1327855#msg1327855 date=1176318071]
05 Mazda3

Owners manual specifies 5w-20
Could Synthetic 5W-30 void warranty?

Tony D
[/quote]

dude, just use 5w20... i dont understand why people would want to use any other viscosities. more than likely 5w30 will be fine, but why not use what mazda approves.

mazda reccomends it for a reason :) im not trying to bash on you specifically, but im tired of people wanting to use whatever they think will work fine in their engines. i deal with this sort of shit all day at work so maybe im just venting, lmao. like how about a guy with a cx-7 wanting 20w50. or the rich boy telling me to put conventional in his BMW that requires synthetic. this doctor guy told me "i dont fuck around with tire rotations, i replace them"... he pissed me off lol.

alright, you guys are allowed to go back on topic.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I recently suffered from a broken wire from my MAF sensor. I put my stock airbox (minus the resonater) back in and I didn't void the warranty. I will never put another CAI on my car. Just an exaust now.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Broken MAF wires are usually a sign of a back product or installer error. I have had various intakes on my 3 for 3 years will no problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote author=ShaleZoom3 link=topic=48881.msg1501147#msg1501147 date=1182309573]
[quote author=jayrod16 link=topic=48881.msg1457941#msg1457941 date=1180922676]
will adding a Blow off valve to a mazdaspeed3 void anything?

thnx J
[/quote]

i would check more into the speed section, cause from the small amount i have viewed in there...they are saying not to run a dump bov, and that the stock one is fine.
[/quote]

The factory BPV does have a tendency to leak boost. I've heard of it robing upwards of 4psi consistently, but this is all talk. If you start upgrading or feel like you've lost some power, it could be from here. I have heard that the forge bpv is a fantastic stock looking and sounding upgrade.

Not trying to get way off topic here.... in theory a BPV (by-pass valve, what we have from the factory) should not void the warranty. When you take your foot off the throttle, the boost recirculates in a closed system. A BOV (blow off valve) or VTA (vent to atmosphere) will make a GREAT LOUD sound, but messes with our cars computer and can make you run extra rich between shifts and cause stalling and idling issues. These can make the car run like shit and clog catalytic converters. I could see them easily voiding your warranty for this.

Now the solution is the hybrid 50/50. Half recirculates and half goes to the atmosphere. I am sporting the Turbo XS hybrid 50/50 made specifically for our cars. I could use some more volume and a nicer sound, but it gets the job done. The Turbosmart is adjustable and supposedly louder, but it was $400 compared to the $200 for my txs. Anyway, it's supposed to be much louder after I get my backordered cobb sri. I'm at 1,600 miles and I've had it on since 200. No issues so far. I find myself windows open and radio off just to hear my ppppsssshhhh :dance2:

·
Registered
294 Posts
[quote author=dankat4639 link=topic=48881.msg1870286#msg1870286 date=1195674934]
question I had put on aem cold air induction into the mazda 3 and i switched out the maf and it still giving me check engine light also klind of choking to accelerate also I decide to to change it back to the stock parts and take to mazda but when I took there for some reason they said to me that the car was tamper with modification parts and they can't check the car until i pay 50 buck for them to put it on the dianoustic and see whats wrong and warranty is voided for that part so for some reason i know they had checked the car and figured that car was tampered with and they know what the problem but they don't want to fix because of the modification. I want to know what to do im stuck because how do they have proof that it was tampered if the stock parts were back on.
[/quote]

Try using sentances..........

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's funny that the dealer would say your warranty was voided by an intake mod when they offer an intake with the Mazda Logo and chrome that's about $360 which for some reason when Mazda installs it in you car it doesn't void anything!?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Kinda stupid but would putting a shifter boot on my ATX 3 be reason enough for the dealer to find some stupid reason to void the warranty? The shifter boot is purely for aesthetic purposes, but I'm thinking that if I have the shifter break or some other tranny failure and I take it in, they'll say they thought it was a manual and refuse to fix it. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If a mechanic at a Mazda dealer can't tell a Mazda has an automatic by clicking the lock button on the gearshift knob and looking at the PRNDL on the instrument panel they deserve to be stung for the cost of replacing whatever they break.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Another question...would adding an aftermarket horn affect the warranty? I almost got f'ing sideswiped by a Toyota Prius on the freeway last Saturday in my Mazda with 800 miles and no plates on it yet, and the stock horn pretty much sucks at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
161 Posts
[quote author=IBrakeForNobody link=topic=48881.msg2484166#msg2484166 date=1216783532]
Another question...would adding an aftermarket horn affect the warranty? I almost got f'ing sideswiped by a Toyota Prius on the freeway last Saturday in my Mazda with 800 miles and no plates on it yet, and the stock horn pretty much sucks at freeway speeds.
[/quote]
Yeah, our li'l honky ain't nothing at any speed. There've been a couple times I've used it in town & the other driver just looked at me like "You're kidding, right?" My home dealership refused to touch the louder after market horn I asked them to install. They said the horn (a Fiamm) "wasn't designed for the car and it could void the warranty if an electrical issue developed". I told them that was why I wanted a big, strong, really intelligent, official Mazda technician to install it.... flattery got me nowhere. I'm now armed with one of those louder-than-shit hand held air horns. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
for everyone talking about hiring lawyers and such being expensive i did some reading on the magnuson moss act and found this piece very interesting

"This means that if you lose a lawsuit for breach of either a written or an implied warranty, you may have to pay the customer's costs for bringing the suit, including lawyer's fees."

source: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.shtm#Magnuson-Moss

search the word lose and it should bring you right to that section

·
Registered
327 Posts
I heard that the COBB Tuning SF Intake wont void my warranty...does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Altec Show-N-Go...because I have to take a hacksaw and a drill to the bumper, would it be in danger of voiding the warranty if the bumper has some recall or something? :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: CAI OR EXUAST WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY

[quote author=MTLMazda3 link=topic=48881.msg462296#msg462296 date=1130945453]
If the dealership can prove that either caused a problem to form then yes they can void your warranty.
[/quote]

They dont have to "prove" anything. They can simply claim.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, is this the hread that never ends??? c'mon guys if it can be traced to a failed part it will void the warranty. Simplet enough??? If it causes another part to fail it will void the warranty. If the Mazda dealer decides he doesn't want to chase a problem on your car and he thinks he can blame it on an aftermarket part. It will void the warranty. Just put as much back to stock as feesible before you bring it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
warranty work and dealerships are two seperate animals.

some dealerships honor warrantees on cars that are modded b/c while they dont' "endose" it, they like to have customers who are moders as an "non-official" example of the cars looks. so they will look past a suspension mod if there are engine issues etc.

some dealerships won't honor warrantees even if you didn't do anything relating to the parts. oh i see you changed the grill and fogs --> obviously that's the reason your clutch died. warrantee voided.

maybe i'm just jaded, but that's the way the vw world was. so besides the warrantee..it's also a dealership's approach to their customers issue.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts