Mazda3 Forums banner

WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
If you have a question about if a certain part will void your warranty post it here. There are way to many individual threads about certain item voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Re: Question about modding and warrenty's

The aux mod like every other mod wont void your entire warranty. However if something goes wrong with the head unit and the auxmod can be blamed for it, then they wont cover it under warranty repair.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Basically you can think of it this way. If it didn't come stock with the car and Mazda doesn't list it as one of their products, and if you or someone else installs it (it being anything) and IT causes something else to break, it's not going to be covered.

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote author=digi0123 link=topic=32483.msg457270#msg457270 date=1130528088]
Basically you can think of it this way. If it didn't come stock with the car and Mazda doesn't list it as one of their products, and if you or someone else installs it (it being anything) and IT causes something else to break, it's not going to be covered.
[/quote]
Yeah I really don't think there has to be an ongoing thread about this - that about sums it up!

·
Registered
123 Posts
CAI OR EXUAST WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY

I WANT TO PUT AN AEM CAI AND A VIBRANT EXUAST WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY

·
Registered
300 Posts
Re: CAI OR EXUAST WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY

If the dealership can prove that either caused a problem to form then yes they can void your warranty.

·
Registered
622 Posts

your first mod should be a new caps lock button... :x

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

Seems his is working just fine.....yeesh

·
Registered
75 Posts

so is it recommended to put the original parts back on when taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
300 Posts

[quote author=bryank link=topic=32836.msg471080#msg471080 date=1131570270]
so is it recommended to put the original parts back on when taking it to the dealer?
[/quote]

If you can then yes. It is highly recommended to take any aftermarket engine mod off the car before bringing it in for warranty work.

·
Registered
300 Posts

[quote author=bryank link=topic=33355.msg471103#msg471103 date=1131571275]
even the exhaust from the converter back?  who actually does this?
[/quote]

Not to that extent. I am talking about any chips and/or mods done in your engine bay.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
NO unless you get a CEL or something like that and the exhaust is the cause of it.. I got word from the dealer. Same as the CAI. The only thing he said it will void the warranty is if you put a turbo on it. That would void the warranty automatically

·
Registered
300 Posts
[quote author=chisss link=topic=33355.msg477745#msg477745 date=1132063638]
NO unless you get a CEL or something like that and the exhaust is the cause of it.. I got word from the dealer. Same as the CAI. The only thing he said it will void the warranty is if you put a turbo on it. That would void the warranty automatically
[/quote]

I suggest that you should check with SEMA as well as the service department manager of your local Mazda dealership. It's a cold, hard fact that if ANY part that is not specifically approved by Mazda (or any other car manufacturer for that matter) causes a problem with your car, the repairs WILL NOT be covered by any warranty. Ever. Period.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
[quote author=MTLMazda3 link=topic=33355.msg479530#msg479530 date=1132157931]It's a cold, hard fact that if ANY part that is not specifically approved by Mazda (or any other car manufacturer for that matter) causes a problem with your car, the repairs WILL NOT be covered by any warranty. Ever. Period.
[/quote]

A friend of mine has a BMW 325xi. He's a rescue diver and because of that occasionally ends up with his car parked on the sides of roads where it's parked while he's "working". Since he wanted his all black sedan to not get hit by other cars he added in LED red/white warning lights (think strobes) front and back. He actually had a wiring diagram drawn up and submitted it to BMW. They made a few modifications to how he was going to wire it and since it was approved by them it doesn't void his electrical warranty.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts