·
Registered
18 Posts
Wheel specs (diameter, width, and offset): OEM 2004-2006 Mazda 3 GT 17s
Tire specs (e.g. 225/40/18): 225/45/17
Suspension (shocks/struts brand, spring brand, or coilover specs): Stock
Fenders rolled/pulled already? No
If not... willing to roll/pull your fenders? No
Additional details (camber settings, intended use, other issues, etc... optional): Stock, Daily Driver, May lower it a bit at some point, but nothing too outrageous

I don't have these rims or tires yet, just the stock GS-Sky 16s that came with the car. I'm just wondering if the recommended 17" upgrade size will fit the wheels as specified above? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Wheel specs (diameter, width, and offset): OEM 2004-2006 Mazda 3 GT 17s
Tire specs (e.g. 225/40/18): 225/45/17
Additional details (camber settings, intended use, other issues, etc... optional): Stock, Daily Driver, May lower it a bit at some point, but nothing too outrageous

I don't have these rims or tires yet, just the stock GS-Sky 16s that came with the car. I'm just wondering if the recommended 17" upgrade size will fit the wheels as specified above? Thank you!
The stock 17" wheels are too narrow to support the size tires you want to put on them (225/45r17).

·
Registered
43 Posts
2011 Sport S hatch

Wheel Specs 18x8 +45 5x114.3
Tire Specs 225/40R18
Suspension Koni SRT.T struts and shocks, Eibach Pro Kit
Fenders Rolled No
Willing to roll No
Additional Installed adjustable rear camber arms. Recommended setting for good wear/performance

Using some online offset calculator ( after I ordered ) I see the tire will come out a additional 20mm, will that cause rub ?

The diameter from factory ( 205/50R17 ) and the new tire is identical, the offset is the only change.

I've ordered new 12x1.5 Gorilla lugs and TPMS sensors, tires are coming mounted and balance, hopefully plug and play.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
486 Posts
2011 Sport S hatch

Wheel Specs 18x8 +45 5x114.3
Tire Specs 225/40R18
Suspension Koni SRT.T struts and shocks, Eibach Pro Kit
Fenders Rolled No
Willing to roll No
Additional Installed adjustable rear camber arms. Recommended setting for good wear/performance

Using some online offset calculator ( after I ordered ) I see the tire will come out a additional 20mm, will that cause rub ?

The diameter from factory ( 205/50R17 ) and the new tire is identical, the offset is the only change.

I've ordered new 12x1.5 Gorilla lugs and TPMS sensors, tires are coming mounted and balance, hopefully plug and play.

Thanks guys

The way i see it you will get rubbing on them so you might think about rolling fenders if you don't want them to rub other way it's up to you

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Mazda3s GT

Wheel specs: 18x8 ET 40
Tire specs: Stock 215/45/18
Suspension: Racing Beat springs
Fenders rolled/pulled already?No
If not... willing to roll/pull your fenders? Yes
Additional details: None

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback (2.5L GS)

Wheel:
Unknown model 2004 5zigen wheels
17x7
+43 offset
25lbs (maybe they're replicas because of the heavy weight)

I am worried that the offset is too small. I saw a guide that said a 17x7 wheel should have an offset within 45 and 55. Would 2mm make a difference?

I think I'll be getting a 225/45/r17 tire

Will I have any problems?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Will Sparco Pro Corsa (17x7.5 +45mm offset) with 225/45/17 tires fit without any modifications?

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 Sedan iTouring

Wheel specs (diameter, width, and offset): Sparco Pro Corsa (17x7.5 +45mm Offset)
Tire specs (e.g. 225/40/18): 225/45/17 (On tire rack, it says recommended is 205/50/17, what will this mean?); Would 205/45/17 still fit with no modifications?
Additional details: Daily driver

Also, would it be bad for the wheels if I use it during the winter assuming I wash the car every two weeks or so?

Thanks guys, this is completely out of my realm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, looking for some help with summer tires here.

Wheel specs (diameter, width, and offset): Front: 18x8 - 42 Rear: 18x8.75 - 35
Tire specs (e.g. 225/40/18): Front: 225/40/18 Rear: 245/40/18 (maybe 235?)
Suspension (shocks/struts brand, spring brand, or coilover specs): Stock, new front struts and shocks (blizzard curb meeting gone wrong) most likely will get new struts and shock for the rear when I switch over to my summer tires.
If not... willing to roll/pull your fenders? On the fence, most likely not.
Additional details (camber settings, intended use, other issues, etc... optional): Everything is stock, no money for any other upgrades. Basing some of my ideas through this: Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

Looking at the XXR 527s chromium black on my blue '06 3 hatch. Trying to keep it on budget but get something decent out of it. Also trying to get some meat on it, I like the look of the larger rims (would go 19, but no money to do the extra work just yet and don't want too low profile).

·
Registered
9 Posts
What tires and fender rolling needed ?

So i just bought 17x8.5 with +30 offset and im goimg to drop 1.5 front and 1.7 in the back and im curious what tires i should run and if i need to roll my fenders ? Please and thank you :grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will these fit a 2013 Skyactiv?
I've done a bunch of calculations and I feel that they will be very close to rubbing the suspension in the front and rear(about a millimeter and a half) Back should clear fenders fine, but the front will stick out by about 6 mm? does this all sound correct?

Wheel specs (diameter, width, and offset): 18, 8, 40
Tire specs (e.g. 225/40/18): 225/40/18
Suspension (shocks/struts brand, spring brand, or coilover specs):stock possibly prokit in near future
Fenders rolled/pulled already? Yes / No no
If not... willing to roll/pull your fenders? Yes / No yes but not much

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking into 18 x 9.5 +35 for a 2007 mazdaspeed 3. Wheels I'm looking at are JNC051. How am I going to make these fit? and what tire size should I be looking into? Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
105 Posts
2004 Mazda 3 Sedan
Wheel: XXR 527 (18x8.75 +20)
tire: Up for suggestions. Was thinking between 215-225/35-40/18 - want minor stretch but something that will still ride well and last a while
Suspension: Bone stock for now, but want to get Eibach Sportlines down the road with Koni Sport Struts
Fenders: Not rolled, but can if needed
Want a wheel / tire combo that will look solid but still last a while. I drive a lot on the highway so it needs to handle speed and relatively rough roads without the possibility of blowing or bottoming out easily. Really just looking to lower the car a bit to reduce wheel gap without going stance nation. Still has to be practical.

·
Registered
3 Posts
recently purchased a 2013 Mazda3 iTouring (SkyActive), and would like to upgrade the wheels/tires. this should be a simple yes, but before making a buy, thought it'd be wise to double check that the "safe" recommendations on the first-post sticky are still "safe".

also, looking to figure out the objective differences between the 7.5" and the 7" widths for the 18" diameter. willing to purchase either set, just wishing to know how each compare in the realms of gas economy, handling and ride quality, and all around performance.

much appreciation for the time taken to read this, and for any insight. cheers.

Wheel specs (diameter, width, and offset): 18x7.5" wheels w/ an offset between +47 to +52 (or 7" width w/ appropriate offset)
Tire specs (e.g. 225/40/18): 225/40/18
Fenders rolled/pulled already? Yes / [No]
If not... willing to roll/pull your fenders? Yes / [No]
Additional details (camber settings, intended use, other issues, etc... optional): 2013 Mazda3 iTouring (SkyActive)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did some searching and couldn't quite find the same set up being asked and perhaps I missed it. My apologies if I did.

My RX8 wheels are bent, time for new wheels. I have a 2011 Mazda3 Sport.

Here is the info on the wheels I'm looking at:

Diameter: 18"
Width: 7.5"
Offset: +38
Bore: 73mm

Stock suspension and prefer to not roll the fenders. I have a set of almost new 225/40/18 tires I plan to use.

Will I have any issues? Thanks in advance.

6581 - 6600 of 6618 Posts