Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am wonderig who here has the darkest tint EVER on a mazda 3, it can be double or triple layerd if you have, let me know of your darkest tint and what brand of tint you got. I have 7% limo tint all around, anyone beat that?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
i have 5% tint al around and im looking to go darker... how would you do double sidded tint? inside and outside im guessing?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 % is damn fucking dark man, I have the 7s and when theres full sun outside u can still see inside, what brand of film do u got for the 3%?

You never install tint on the outside as far as I know , Ive heard of 3 layers of 5% on the inside but thats stupid if u ask me, just go for a low % tint from the begining so u dont waste money over and over again

·
Registered
93 Posts
a few months ago i tinted someone dodge ram, 5% on 35% and tested it and was about 2.5% as cool as it looks, its equally unsafe at night lol but to each their own

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've got 5% on a few of my windows and the others are 20%, but the darkest I have heard was a guy at work did double layer 5% on his ride. He said at night he had to roll down the windows to see any time he wanted to do anything but go straight. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=515mazda3 link=topic=139560.msg3009798#msg3009798 date=1237740656]
a few months ago i tinted someone dodge ram, 5% on 35% and tested it and was about 2.5% as cool as it looks, its equally unsafe at night lol but to each their own
[/quote] how do you test the actual %? I know my tint says 7 % but I want to know how dark it really is? what is used to test the actuall % that passes through?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
find a cop and ask =D or go to a tint shop

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did my tint like 3 weeks ago, I know it says 7% but in reality I want to figure out the real %. THE REAL % not what the tint company states. its like saying the mazda has 160 hp but in reality it probebly pushes 130 Wheel Horse Power (WHP).

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
im not really sure of any other way. i know certain police officers have a checker but ive never been hassled like that

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=mazdas3sporte link=topic=139560.msg3010055#msg3010055 date=1237753175]
I did my tint like 3 weeks ago, I know it says 7% but in reality I want to figure out the real %. THE REAL % not what the tint company states. its like saying the mazda has 160 hp but in reality it probebly pushes 130 Wheel Horse Power (WHP).
[/quote]

You need a light meter that test transmissible light. Any tint shop should be able to test if for you. As to your analogy your 7% tint is most likely 7% tint. The difference will come when you apply it to your car's windows as most cars have a 93-97% tint on them.... mostly UV reduction. You might end up somewhere around 3-5% tint with the 7%. Different manufacturers vary on how dark that standard tint is, but most are in that range. The shop that did mine does 40% for legal in NC and the only problem they ever had was with a BMW that dropped to about 27% (vs. the standard 32-35%).

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just have 20% all around, but on the little quarter windows (smallest section on the back passenger windows on the sedan), it's 5% on top of 20%. Not sure what that makes. :) Probably about 2% I'm guessing, from other posts in this thread.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=Chaos link=topic=139560.msg3010079#msg3010079 date=1237755003]
I just have 20% all around, but on the little quarter windows (smallest section on the back passenger windows on the sedan), it's 5% on top of 20%. Not sure what that makes. :) Probably about 2% I'm guessing, from other posts in this thread.
[/quote]

Wouldn't it be 4%? :thinking: Well, 4% minus the OE tint.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts