Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Um... why don't you just keep the window up if you don't want people reaching inside?

Although, what you describe sounds like an old way to catch raccoons. Take a jar and circle the opening with nails slanted inward. Then put some goodies inside. The raccoon can get in, but can't get out without tearing off his hand, so he's caught red handed... literally.

I always thought, however, that the whole point of alarm systems and the like is deterrence, not apprehension.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
I thought you meant while having your car parked. It made no sense to me why someone would leave their windows open while their car was parked. It seemed almost to me like leaving the top down on a convertible and leaving 20 bucks on the seat; of course it's going to get stolen.

But as to your wishes for an auto up window without a sensor, I doubt it would ever happen, for the same reason there are sensors on garage doors. All it takes is one damaged limb and a multimillion dollar lawsuit to realize it wasn't a good idea.

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Did you break any people?

I'm just really having trouble seeing justification for them... I mean, that could get real dangerous. Obviously the windows have to go up with some speed and power, in order to actually catch anyone. Someone reaches inside for you, windows go up, arm gets caught, you panic and speed away with some guy caught in your window... his arm either breaks in half or he's battered by the road, or most likely both.

Yeah, sure he tried to steal from you, but that kind of scenario could result in the loss of human life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.