1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
452 Posts
um...y they ar comparing the TSX with the mz3...
TSX is using K24 engine...200hp and torque...i think is over 230....
and mz3 is 160hp and ok with torque...forgot about the ## of torque....
and is different class...
just wondering WHY? :roll:

if the Mz3 is comparing with the honda Civic...that is more reasonable...
if want to compare TSX....they should have compare it with the Mz6...

that is not a fair comparison for both the TSX and the mz3
:(

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Yuki said:
um...y they ar comparing the TSX with the mz3...
TSX is using K24 engine...200hp and torque...i think is over 230....
and mz3 is 160hp and ok with torque...forgot about the ## of torque....
and is different class...
just wondering WHY? :roll:

if the Mz3 is comparing with the honda Civic...that is more reasonable...
if want to compare TSX....they should have compare it with the Mz6...

that is not a fair comparison for both the TSX and the mz3
:(
I think the torque on the TSX is 160.

I also agree that comparing a TSX to MZ3 is a little unfair to both, but it shows how good the MZ3 is, if it is being compared to a car that is 8-10 K more $$. The parameters for the article/testing is very broad, "sporty cars under $35,000"; too many different types of cars can be in this range, and should be more focused.

·
Registered
452 Posts
then that's conclude whatever magazine that is....
it does not do a very good comparison~~

i have to double check the torque with my bf....he knows his car better~!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Torque on the TSX 2.4L is 166. Not overly impressive at that price ($26K). Lower torque is pretty typical on these VTEC-type engines that have been tweaked for higher horsepower at high revs.

The TSX has been cited for weaker low speed power in a number of reviews. Still it has decent acceleration and there are many other pluses to the car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
well...TSX is the JDM accord...
is pretty decent for an accord with I4 that has 200hp....the torque is pretty good....i have driven it....nice..
i used it to take out prelude, C-coupe, 325ci
so pretty good car!!! the prelude is the car that i really want to take out....within 15 sec...it was gone!!! can't even c the headlight...
lol~!!!!!

i want to c more reviews about the mz3...which car magz ????

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I checked a bunch of the new car issues of some popular magazines, and they only said stuff we already know about the 3; no new test drive reviews.

·
Registered
427 Posts
FWIW - An extensive review of the TSX from the Microsoft Carpoint site, reported that a manual TSX did the 0-60 in 8.7 and the automatic did a 9.7. The quarter mile times were 16.7 and, I believe, around 17.6. Decent but not stellar performance.

It will be very interesting to see how the Mz3 stacks up to those numbers.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
MSN Carpoint is a POS site where their customer reviews are written by trolls. Read them.

Their journalists are better but emphasize more on comfort than fun to drive. Personally, I trust CR and C+D up to a point.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The reported times were from their test drivers, not customers. They were precision timed, down to 1/100th of a second.

Edmunds' test drivers also put a TSX manual tranny threw its paces, and I know they run several tests and get to know the feel of the car before posting the results. They got an 8.3 in their 0-60 tests after breaking the car in.

The TSX auto is geared differently than the manual, so it is one of the odd cars where the auto gets better gas mileage. But suffers even more on performance than a typical auto vs manual comparsion.

·
Registered
396 Posts
why didn't they use the rsx for sporty coupe??

·
Registered
427 Posts
They did the RSX and RSX Type-S too. The big review boards test as many cars as they can.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I should have added that the RSX and TSX are very different vehicles. Someone who likes the TSX might want it to be a bit sportier, but may not like the RSX at all. It is a less refined, harder riding car that targets a different audience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
neomonkey said:
http://thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1067987408678&call_pageid=1067943774406&col=1067943774379

I like the end of the small review. Comparing the TSX to the Mz3. I was also interested in the TSX, but since the Mz3 has come along, I can get my poor man's TSX for 10 Grand much much cheaper.[/url]

Interesting review.
With an aftermarket turbo, the MZ3 could be close to the Neon in horsepower and performance, yet not as crude. I'd rather have the MZ3, even with less power.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts