Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-

I searched, but couldn't come up with at definitive answer for this.

We bought my wife an '07 3i Touring a week ago. Sirius was the only option we got. When we were talking to the salesman, I asked him if it came with a free trial, since I was under the impression that it did. He told me that he didn't think it did.

Upshot is, we get the car home, and I can't find paperwork or anything anywhere about setting up the trial. Do the '07s still come with the 6 month trial? If so, do I just call sirius to activate it?

Also, the aux in jack in the armrest isn't working. I understand from reading on here that this is disabled when the Sirius kit is installed - is that correct? I also understand that some people have gotten their dealer to install the switchbox for them that will re-enable it. I may have to try that, especially since the salesman didn't mention anything about the aux jack being disabled by the Sirius kit.

Thanks!

-Tim

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm not sure if the trial is dealer specific or not -- but it was offered to me.

You are correct that the aux is disabled..you need to purchase a switchbox in order to run both. The dealer will sell you one and install I'm sure:)

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
i don't know if the 6mo. trial is always included, but the dealer should have given you the booklet and instructions for activating the service (trial or not...).

i did get the free trial...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yea, it has to have the 6-month trial. It says so on mazda.com under car options. As per the aux, it won't work. There is only one auxiliary input in the back of the receiver. The tech unplugs the center console aux and plugs in the sirius.

The two way connector is $113.6.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just wondering if this free trial is still on. When you sign up for subscription, do you give them a coupon code? or do they know via the SN#'s on the receiver.

I'm getting a Sirius receiver (the Mazda option, but not from Mazda, or at the Mazda dealer price) and if I can get something for free, it's worth asking about!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought one of the box's off of ebay and when I was getting it turned on this Sunday they gave me the first six months free. They will ask your VIN number off the car when they are setting it up. Just make sure that they give it to you, I didn't even have to ask the guy just said oh you get six months free, I assumed it was because I had purchased a new Mazda and was using a OEM mazda tuner.

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote author=aca2983 link=topic=71868.msg1350753#msg1350753 date=1177015002]
Just wondering if this free trial is still on. When you sign up for subscription, do you give them a coupon code? or do they know via the SN#'s on the receiver.

I'm getting a Sirius receiver (the Mazda option, but not from Mazda, or at the Mazda dealer price) and if I can get something for free, it's worth asking about!
[/quote]

I bought the factor Mazda Sirius Receiver through eBay. Installed the unit and called Sirius. Told them I just bought a new Mazda (which I did about a month before I installed the unit). They asked for the units serial number and the VIN. They then told me I'm eligible for the 6 month free subscription.

Hope you have the same results.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hmm, my car is not "new", but I'll have my VIN code onme just in case. Doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
As a salesman for Mazda WE are told that if the car comes with sirius already installed from port, you get the free 6 months. If you have your dealer install the sirius in a # that didnt have it from port , you DO NOT get the free 6 months. If you get luck and when you call to set it up and get the free trial, That is awesome. I might try that when I buy mt sirius sat from the parts dept.

As far as the switch box.... Most salesmen dont know about it. Hell nobody at the dealership that I work at knew it till I showed them. The Mazda Tech dept in corp. does not always get all the information out to all the nessesary people.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I dont see how dealers can get away with charger you for the part if they fail to mention that AUX will be disabled with Sirius. Are people actually getting alot of pushback on this? No where on the Mazda website is this mentioned either. They should be handing these switchboxes out for free...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I totally agree with you. The salesman told me to contact the service deparment when i found out the AUX didn't work. When the service manager told me i need to install a switch i couldnt believe it, I even called mazda to make sure the dealer wasnt ripping me off and they confirmed it!!!! Amazing!!! We should be getting it for free, or they should install the freaking switchbox along with the Sirius....

·
Registered
299 Posts
[quote author=Scott07MS3 link=topic=71868.msg1351203#msg1351203 date=1177026910]
[quote author=aca2983 link=topic=71868.msg1350753#msg1350753 date=1177015002]

[/quote]

I bought the factor Mazda Sirius Receiver through eBay. Installed the unit and called Sirius. Told them I just bought a new Mazda (which I did about a month before I installed the unit). They asked for the units serial number and the VIN. They then told me I'm eligible for the 6 month free subscription.

Hope you have the same results.

[/quote]

I did have the same results! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an '05 3 and installed Sirius just a few minutes ago. I signed up online, supplied my VIN, and the very first package option was a 6 month free trial. And I purchased the Sirius from eBay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts