Mazda3 Forums banner

421 - 438 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Hey, I never received a response from you regarding your dash. Is the upper piece (closest to the windshield) cracked?
My Bad!...Didnt even see that you asked me that!...haha..Yea I got a fat crack and also noticed a smaller crack forming...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Post a pic. I need to post a pic of the crack in the dash of my car. I've been trying to figure out how to weld it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did a semi-quick visual cosmetic side graphic change...Had the previous one for like 3yrs now...Decided to change it up finally...I think it came out awesome dude!..haha...Also fixed my stoopid radio antenna now reception is great!
What was wrong with the antenna?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
What was wrong with the antenna?
I deleted the roof mount antenna when I got my roof wrapped....So I hid the antenna base inside the headliner and added long ass wire to help w/ reception...I then bought a antenna extender signal box...I hooked it up wrong and the reception sucked...I clipped the wires connected to the stock antenna base and then routed them correctly to the reception expander box...Now the radio signal works great!...Not sure why I procrastinated on it for sooooo long haha

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Did a total refurbishment of the Valve Cover this weekend...Stripped all the old paint off and started from scratch...
Clean & Prep, Primer, Base Color then ClearCoat and new decals which I upgraded from "PLUS" to "ULTRA" now!...

Almost forgot to mention instead of Gloss Blk color I used a Pearl Blk that has rainbow pearl when light hits it.

Then also finishing up the Tail Lights so everything is all LED finally since I procrastinated on it for years! haha

Then finally...I purchased the legit Redline Tuning Quick Hoodlift dampeners to replace the generic one that messed up my hood alignment....The Redline Tuning kit 100% better...Only thing is the hood doesnt lift up very high...I already bonked my head on the hood...Haha

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did a total refurbishment of the Valve Cover this weekend...Stripped all the old paint off and started from scratch...
Clean & Prep, Primer, Base Color then ClearCoat and new decals which I upgraded from "PLUS" to "ULTRA" now!...

Almost forgot to mention instead of Gloss Blk color I used a Pearl Blk that has rainbow pearl when light hits it.

Then also finishing up the Tail Lights so everything is all LED finally since I procrastinated on it for years! haha

Then finally...I purchased the legit Redline Tuning Quick Hoodlift dampeners to replace the generic one that messed up my hood alignment....The Redline Tuning kit 100% better...Only thing is the hood doesnt lift up very high...I already bonked my head on the hood...Haha

That valve cover scheme you concocted kills me.

Any chance you can throw some part numbers at us for the other goodies?

·
Registered
474 Posts
As always, looking great. Did you ever figure out how to remove the upper dash area to repair the crack?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That looks awesome cannot wait to have my car completed.... Such a fun project just hate that it takes so much time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did you ever get the issue with the dash sorted? Mine's cracked, and I wish I could figure a way to repair it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Did you ever get the issue with the dash sorted? Mine's cracked, and I wish I could figure a way to repair it.
Yea...After taking the dash apart the front part with the cracks are at is part of the whole dash bracket...No way to just remove that front piece you would have to remove the entire dash out of car it looks like...I was bummed out...lol...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea...After taking the dash apart the front part with the cracks are at is part of the whole dash bracket...No way to just remove that front piece you would have to remove the entire dash out of car it looks like...I was bummed out...lol...
I wish you had documented that here. I'm curious what that all entails. How did you repair the dash?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
WoW!...Havent really gotten any new car mods lately....

I Designed and Fabricated my own Spoiler Extensions for my 1st Gen Speed Spoiler though!...Came out kinda cool!!
Made from Sintra PVC Board then wrapped w/ Copper Metallic & Black Satin colors.

421 - 438 of 438 Posts