Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hy.

I figured it was a good time to make a dealership experiences thread.

I think that sums up what this thread is about.

post good and bad experiences from dealerships, warranty work, non-warranty work, purchasing, etc.

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS & WHORING TO A MINIMUM SO ITS EASIER TO READ THE EXPERIENCES irrelevant comments will be removed.

I suggest one post for everyone and just edit it as more experiences come along and post a bump.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Sundance just finished installing the door shock sensor/metal plate deal on my car and got it done 2 hours ahead of what they told me. So it looks like +1 for Sundance.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, I guess I'll start.

Purchase:
Jarman Mazda
August 2005
Salesperson: Wayne
The good:
overall Wayne was great to deal with. Came to my assistance soon after I stepped through the door and offered to let me have a test drive. we worked out pricing, etc. I would deal with him again.
The bad:
Shawn the sales manager was a total prick. I had paid for 3M hood protection and it was BADLY done. the 3M was yellowish and had waves in it. I later found out it was ricochet film which is primarily used on headlights due to its extra thickness. I also find out later that the installer used a sealant around the edges of the film which was very hard to remove.
I kindly asked for a refund and he said it would be no problem. he then turns around and tells me its normal and that I will not be getting a refund since I didn't pay for it and it was given to me free. so I looked through my paper work and asked my salesman if this is true and it was not. after much arguing, I got my money back for the film.

Jarman Mazda II:
went in to get the a/c checked for being to warm. they said no problem, they will see if the parts are in stock. nope. they have to order it in. so I said, I have the parts. I just need it installed.
no problem, we can do it
so they dissappear for a bit and come back. so they asked if it was bought from a mazda dealer and I said, yes I bought it from you guys.
oh...we can't install it. it has to come from mazda, but we can install it without warranty......what part number?
so I tell them its actually the 06 cabin air filter with the swiss chesse plate, so its pretty much the same part but with a filter.
"oh, that won't fit your car"
ok w/e so I leave. go home and install it myself.

that was the last time I went to Jarman for anything other then oil filters.

Weber motors:
problem: clutch pedal squeaks, brakes squeak
all warranty work is done.
I arrive to pick up my car. it is still mega filthy. you'd think they'd at least rinse it down or something.
I open the door and get in, there is a puddle of lubricant (gigaloo/wd40/whatever) on my all season mats....pretty upset but whatever.
30 minutes of driving later my clutch starts squeaking again....so I call them and they tell me to take it back in and they'll spray it with a "special lube" I say fuck it and live with it.
the squeak is now gone.

Weber II:
6 disc player jammed - needs replacing
dropped it off, they replaced it. I left. car still dirty.
a couple weeks later they call me to come pick up the CDs they got out of the player.

Weber III:
48K service + door lock fix
250$ to rotate my tires and do my oil change.

I get a phone call, my GV lip is smashed because they didn't realize my car was lowered.
I got pick it up and its pretty smashed up. they agree to replace it.
I get my bill and I see "engine shampoo" so I look under the hood and its worse then when I dropped it off. they fess up and they admit to not doing it.
parts guy gets in contact with me, they offer to buy me other lips because they cannot secure mine locally. I say no.
they get ME to buy the lip and get it sent in and they would reimburse me.....so I do it. I get my money back. end of story.

what I didn't like: THEY should have carried through and ordered the lip, not me.
what I did like: they told me immediately they goofed up and didnt wait for me to find out upon pick up.

my car was still dirty when I picked it up btw.

Jarman:
no. 3 engine mount:
finished it in 20 minutes.
no issues yet.
offered to wash my car. I turned it down as I had to get to work.
in and out in <30 minutes.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, if anyone takes their vehicle to Jarman and if you deal with KENT, tell him blam sent you and he'll take care of your car.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sundance Mazda
Went to go look at a 3.
After walking around inside and on the lot for 10 minutes, some guy finally comes to talk to us. We look at some 3's. We get ready to start walking inside and he's like "is there anything on the lot that you're likeing, because we can order it in from another dealership if you like". At that time we told him generally what we were looking for and that we weren't completely sure until we get a total from the insurance company about the totaled Focus. After we said that, he basically handed us his card and left.

Weber Motors
Looked around and we didn't really see anything becasue thay have such a small lot. Mentioned to my boss that we were looking for a new car. He said he would call the owner or sales manager at Weber because he knew him personally. Ended up buying from Weber. no problems with sales people, and he was really nice.

Weber Motors II
Went for second oil change. After it is done, there is this huge mass of white stuff on all the door hinges. I guess Mazda calles it lubricant. They not only got it on the door hinge, but also all around the door hinge.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah...that's a special lithium? lubricant...which is part of most tune ups...they are sloppy as fuck when applying that shit.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
When I was looking for a mazda3 I went to a few places...

Leduc: spent about an hour there with a salesman, told him what I wanted, said he'd call me back.. never did

Sundance: Really didn't like that place at all.. heh

Weber: Ended up buying my car from there after almost not buying a mazda3 because of the way they treated me. Elitist bastards. There was one salesman there that was an absolute douchebag, and the manager is a douche too. If you go there, ask for Roger Stanley.

·
Registered
11,468 Posts
i dealt with an asian guy at weber who was nice enough. Henry we'll say.
but they couldn't get us our car so we went to park.

I'll post my park stories in a bit. needless to say -1

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bought mine from Sunridge Mazda in Calgary. The sales guy was new, which might explain why he screwed up the price quote on the car I wanted. He said he'd throw in a free oil change as well, but I can't seem to get an appointment. I called the service number twice and left a message each time. I tried to use the online appointment scheduler, but that didn't seem to work.
All in all, I wasn't really pleased with the experience.

·
Registered
198 Posts
[quote author=250and3 link=topic=90544.msg1763443#msg1763443 date=1191708223]
Bought mine from Sunridge Mazda in Calgary. The sales guy was new, which might explain why he screwed up the price quote on the car I wanted. He said he'd throw in a free oil change as well, but I can't seem to get an appointment. I called the service number twice and left a message each time. I tried to use the online appointment scheduler, but that didn't seem to work.
All in all, I wasn't really pleased with the experience.
[/quote]

Lol, which sales man were you talking to?

Mine is Bryce, he is pretty new too, so I did most of the bargain, :lol:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, it was Bryce. He was a nice guy and all, but it didn't go really smoothly.
In the end, I'm pleased with what I payed, and I love the car.

Now that I think of it, they still owe me the paint pen for this car. I should call him.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Had an oil change for 3 o'clock at Weber today. Was feeling very sick, took the day off from work but figured I should get the oil change done anyway, and not cancel.

So I bring it in at 3, go over to smitty's for lunch and get back at about five minutes to 4 o'clock. I go over to the parking lot and see my car is in the same spot. I go and look in the window and the mobil1 is still in the bag on the front seat. What the fuck. I was feeling like shit and I couldn't wait any longer so I had to come home and lay down, sans oil change.

What the fuck is the point of booking an appointment if after an hour they haven't touched the car? Bullshit. What is this, Mayfield Toyota?

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, that's pretty lame...

I never had a problem with weber not being on time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You may want to stay away from Weber from now on. It has been sold to the Ericksen Group. I now have a CX-7 and called Weber for a quote to install the Aero package (consists of the front lip spoiler and rear spoiler). I was first quoted $200. Seemed reasonable, the kit is a Mazda part, so I wanted a Mazda dealer to install it. So I booked a rental car and the appointment.

I show up for my appointment, the price has now more then doubled to $450 to $500 to install,with no explanation as to why the increase, and NO RENTAL was available!

The service writer told me "if you hang around for a while, the rental is bound to show up sooner or later".

I have always had good service from Weber, never again. I asked is this how you are to treat service customers from now on, since Ericksen took over?

All I got was a dumbfounded look on everyone's face. :woah:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Where did you find out there was an ownership change?

I also had a recent terrible experience (posted above) after not having any maintenance problems for 2.5 years.

(the sales department has always been pathetic)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had heard about the Weber ownership change recently. Then I received a card in the mail for a "Weber Customer Loyalty Sale". The front of the card shows the Ericksen Group logo. This confirmed it.

I agree their sales dept sucks! When I had my Mazda 3, I went to Weber for a trade up to the CX-7. The salesman said to me "sell your 3 privately, then come see me when you have the cash". He would not even look at my 3. So I went to Park Mazda. They gave me a great deal on my 3 trade-in.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts