Mazda3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Re: Stormy Blue Pictures!!!

...a little late to the show, but whatever.

A bunch of pics of my 08.5 Sport GT (Canadian) 2 days after pickup last year, after I had a chance to detail it.  To date I still haven't been able to take any pictures of it that show off the colour better than these - the lighting was just good when I took them.

...and one more from a few months later after tinting (legal limit of just 50% all around) and stoneguard film applied to the hood & front fascia.

Question for all of you since I'm sure at least some of you have been thinking about it: what colour of rims really work well with this paint to dress it up a little more?  I've been trying to decide for the past few weeks/months if I want to stick with the silver finish, go to gunmetal/anthracite, or maybe a gloss bronze, but haven't been able to find many pictures around here of the stormy blue with aftermarket wheels.  I'm considering a split-spoke or multispoke design like the following Enkei RSV (shown in gloss bronze).

Might be time for some photoshopping...

· Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

Nice! SBM Hatch FTMFW!!!!! Mark be jealous of us hatches haha jk bro.

I've been takin lots of pics.... mainly because I'm bored and haven't figured out the camera yet haha =/ I'll get there eventually.

Kevin

· Registered
12,824 Posts

I have a set of RX-8s sprayed graphite, I think it works well. Aeffles has silver RX-8s that pop well as well.

here's some shots of mine. They're also in my thread, but I dont mind whoring them out:

· Registered
2,910 Posts

[quote author=DamnLocust link=topic=137905.msg3114466#msg3114466 date=1241983722]
I have a set of RX-8s sprayed graphite, I think it works well. Aeffles has silver RX-8s that pop well as well.

here's some shots of mine. They're also in my thread, but I dont mind whoring them out:

[/quote]

/\ What a slut...showing her ass like no one is looking.

· Registered
56 Posts

Thanks for the kind words.

The RX-8 rims do look better than stock, I'll grant you that.... but, although I'm not purchasing rims first and foremost for performance, the mechanical engineer in me just can't justify going to a larger and heavier wheel/tire combo for any reason. ie. Greater mass moments of inertia, ~2.5% discrepancy in measured and actual velocities, etc...
Plus, the very reason I want to shed the stock rims is because I'm personally not a fan of that chunky OEM look (no offense :) ).

· Registered
56 Posts

[quote author=sleet_22 link=topic=137905.msg3115517#msg3115517 date=1242021512]
Im not lookin into the whole performance so much as looks... If I had a speed3 I totally would be doin that haha.
[/quote]

Heh, definitely - and as stated, I'm not primarily looking for performance increases either. But, on a car that already feels a bit sluggish some days, I'm certainly not going to knowingly do something to detract from performance. :)

· Registered
56 Posts

heh, upgraded from a 1.6L '93 Sentra XE 5spd myself, so the 3 is definitely a step up, but I've messed around a bit in minor formulae open wheel cars to totally mess up my sense of 'fast'.

Anyways... thanks guys :???:
Your wheel pics, and this other thread I googled of a stormy blue RX-8 with gunmetal gloss Enkei Evo 6's (another style I was considering) has me re-thinking the gloss bronze look. The darker wheels are definitely growing on me...

· Registered
56 Posts

Gonna go check out a local place tomorrow and get a quote on Enkei RSV's and SC03's, and some ROTA's for comparison.

Oh, and I'm excited about these 'Spyders' from Spyn:

Best of all, Spyn is a Canadian manufacturer.
I'm kind of afraid they're going to be pricey though... they look multi-piece forged. But, we'll see. I think they'd look great.

· Registered
56 Posts

I got prices on Enkei SC03's, some Konigs, some MOMO's, and the guy jotted down some other crap that I didn't care about. The ROTA's and some of the Enkeis I was interested were either discontinued or out of stock.
...the Spyn's were way outta my league once we found a style that might fit.

Anyways, I've posed a question in the Wheel's subforum with more details.
Enkei SC03 vs MOMO Corse RPM

Your input is valued ;)

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.