Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who's with me?

i don't need a short-shifter. i crack off perfectly respectable shifts on my own. i don't know why, but i like a little throw to my shifter. something engaging. i like feeling it move, and the stock shifter is sweet. i have aluminum bushings, but that is it.

still, i'd like a knob slightly shorter than oem (06 model). strictly for ergonomics. suggestions?

short-shifters are fer pussays.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The shifter feels shorter than my previous Saturn's. So I'm happy with it the way it is. I don't like how easy it is to hit a soft drink with the cup holders where they are. I think a short throw would make it worse.

·
Registered
430 Posts
[quote author=biped link=topic=139445.msg3005899#msg3005899 date=1237526400]
who's with me?

i don't need a short-shifter. i crack off perfectly respectable shifts on my own. i don't know why, but i like a little throw to my shifter. something engaging. i like feeling it move, and the stock shifter is sweet. i have aluminum bushings, but that is it.

still, i'd like a knob slightly shorter than oem (06 model). strictly for ergonomics. suggestions?

short-shifters are fer pussays.
[/quote]

You are what you eat!

Anyway you guys are missing out. The TWM STS is sweeeet! They also have some of the nicest knobs IMO. I believe they are even hight adjustable as well.

http://www.twmshifters.com/shortshifters/mazdashortshifters/mazda3shortshifters.htm

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is not a thread for any short shifter owners to pimp a ss, i've made my choice.

just looking for a few different knob suggestions. while the twms are nice, they're pricey as hell for just a knob.

·
Registered
332 Posts
LOL i love the name of this thread ahaha

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Get the Cobb STS because you can make the throw longer than stock, AND you can make the knob height taller than stock too. Like drivin a truck if you wanna.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I think you're the only MS3 owner in this thread, so thats not an option.

Plus, wasn't it discontinued?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
[quote author=condor888000 link=topic=139445.msg3006852#msg3006852 date=1237572802]
I think you're the only MS3 owner in this thread, so thats not an option.

Plus, wasn't it discontinued?
[/quote]

Yes and yes. There are still a good number of cobb shifters out there i think.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am neither:

a) a mazdaspeed 3 owner

b) interested in a short shifter

so... knobs. what's a good one?

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
[quote author=coondogg link=topic=139445.msg3006075#msg3006075 date=1237550465]
I upgraded my shifter bushings and I'm pretty happy with just that...
[/quote]

Likewise.

Besides, compared to my old Integra, the shifter in the 3 is a hell of a lot shorter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want a shift knob that is shorter than stock, I don't suggest the skunk2 racing knob. I got it for my 09 3 hb and it looks great, but is very tall. I'm used to it now, but at first I was slightly disappointed. I know this doesn't really answer your question, but at least you can narrow down your options.

·
Registered
66 Posts
u know they say people with big trucks are trying to make up for something is that the same here?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.