Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9,562 Posts
i got gaps in my lip kit to in the same area, and mines the TCSportline Polyurethane lip kit.
maybe not that big like the last two pics, but there is gap, if they tried to make the mold without the gap there, id imagine id be hard and make fitment worse since it could be off by a little, then not even fit right.

· Registered
9,562 Posts
[quote author=Retrax link=topic=68501.msg1184314#msg1184314 date=1170483770]
Hey Kspec, does your lip interfere with the ability to remove your front bumper? I am curios if it gets in the way, especially inside the front of the wheel well?
[/quote]

i got no idea, i dunno how to take off the front bumper, and never tried. But you could take off the front lip if you needed to. just screws on the side inside wheel well, and some 3m double sided tape or adhesive in the fronts.

· Registered
9,562 Posts
yeah, i dont think anyone even notices the imperfections of my lip kit, unless I point it out to them. If i dont say anything, all i get is "nice car!" if i point it out then i get "ooh"

so dont point it out lol.

· Registered
9,562 Posts
lol.

if you get the GV Lip, im sure someone might buy your lip, or try the lip under the GV lip, using either the side or the whole thing. and maybe even include those metal bars to connect the lip to the front bumper.

im not even kidding. it may look cool.

· Registered
9,562 Posts
[quote author=Supershyguy link=topic=68501.msg1222013#msg1222013 date=1172094333]
[quote author=rum link=topic=68501.msg1221747#msg1221747 date=1172090014]
Well, I messed with it for like 20 minutes and couldn't get it on. One side was a nice tight fit, but I couldn't get the passenger side on. It came up about a half inch short. I'll try again in a bit.
[/quote]

its not short. you need 2 people. one side at a time. you cant do it by yourself
[/quote]

exactly, thats how my lip was. I could get one side on, but I couldnt get the other side by myself, Had to have a friend or family member help me.

Put on one side, have your buddy hold it, and then you yourself go to the other side and get it on.

Are these lips polyurethane? Mine had to stretch a tiny bit i think, or not. But 2 ppl had to do it, but after taking it off and on, i could do it myself being really careful.

· Registered
9,562 Posts
[quote author=blk_muzda link=topic=68501.msg1275111#msg1275111 date=1174263003]
nice lip doulik, I am still debating between the GV and this one (this is knux11's car), my car is black. Which lip do you guys think is better?

[/quote]

I got this lip and it looks sportier/better fitting/and polyurethane (aka, wont chip/break on you easily).

Im not knocking the GV replica. But that right gap looks bigger than the left.
The left gap curves and looks better. not bad i thought.
The tight gap bend and is like a 120 degree angle.

Can the sides also not come up more? my lip hugs the S model bumps on the sides.
Just a suggestion, it would help keep the GV lip on the car better and look cleaner.

but its a nice subtle lip.

· Registered
9,562 Posts
That right gap is big enough ppl may notice it.
The left gap seemed fine.
But trust me, people LOVE the lip kit. One dude who has a hooked up eclipse for show, kit/air bags/rims/graphics/system, etc... thought my car came from the factory like that because it was soo clean. and it doesnt cover any of the grill. It uses the bottom of the grill opening to hold up the lip. Like a flap to hold on in the middle. It totally works fine.

(sry, not a thread about my TCSportline lip kit)

But I think the GV Lip is clean too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.