Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no idea why it fogged up....first i've seen it like that....i just washed my car prior to meeting up....so maybe the cold/hot? and 2nd guess would be i did have my HIDs installed recently, not sure if that affected anything, but the case was never opened....

the style of lip is awesome and matches the car very well, i think most of the other lip kits out there are a bit outrageous...

but to be completely honest, there are gaps like mentioned already...not sure how it can be filled in....SSG was saying those gaps are necessary to make the lip fit on?? not sure what he meant, i'm sure he'll chime in.

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the GV lip for the hatches are definately better in terms of fit/finish and also the line on the side matching...but thats because a "real" GV lip exists already...it was just a matter duplicating it..

this one is "custom" so to speak and SSG had to make alterations by himself....so its harder and reasonably can expect some flaws...but with that said, i really wish the gaps were gone...the 2x line on the side isn't even bothering me much anymore.

if i buy it, i think i'm gonna want to take it to a body shop and have them work on it some more to see if they can fill in the gaps and possibly raise the edges...but then i don't know what that will cost

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think it might just make it more difficult to unscrew the screws, but other than that, shouldn't give too much problems.

i think there are a bunch of screws along the bottom, so you would have to reach around the lip to get to it...

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i don't think polyurethane...i think fiberglass no?

what was the hatch stuff made of?

i looked at the pics of the hatch replica lips....fit/finish definately better on those...but again, those are cookie cutters...

anyone with a hatch with better pics, please post up....closeups would be good of around the fog light area so we can compare the gaps.

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
[quote author=Supershyguy link=topic=68501.msg1184748#msg1184748 date=1170526942]
[quote author=kspec link=topic=68501.msg1184129#msg1184129 date=1170473123]
i got gaps in my lip kit to in the same area, and mines the TCSportline Polyurethane lip kit.
maybe not that big like the last two pics, but there is gap, if they tried to make the mold without the gap there, id imagine id be hard and make fitment worse since it could be off by a little, then not even fit right.
[/quote]

Yes thats is the reason, it wouldnt fit if we didnt do that. cause of the shape of the bumper
[/quote]

i still don't really understand, if the hatch GV lip can have no gaps, why can't this? but whatever, i'd probably get one anyway...

i'm still gonna wait tho for someone to paint and put one on for good and see how everything turns out.

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
btw, those gaps won't show up as much on a dark car as a white...

since gaps/voids are dark/black, if you have a black sedan, you probably won't even notice it...but on a white car, the voids/gaps are black and it will be a big contrast against the white paint.

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
you guys are right...never noticed that, in the sun, it never quite showed up...but those night pics sure show the difference.

and yes i have had the bumper repainted, was in an accident before.

BUT, i always thought the difference in colour between the bumper/body panel attibuted to different materials (plastic/metal), and hence the shade/reflection of the parts may appear off....am i right or entirely wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.