5 spd
moonroof cd changer
ABS package

MSRP was 19355 with options
invoice was 18something forgot exactly
i got car for 16800 + tax and license
18,500 out the door.

Just for u to compare.
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal to me...
I was shopping tonight, and after 2 hours at the dealer they quoted me 20,500 out the door for a hatch 5 spd w/ the ABS/SAC and moonroof package. The dealer isn't willing to move off MSRP since they'd have to transport the car from another dealer. My trade is worked in there though, so it does make it difficult to compare.

Sounds like I'm not getting the best shake here though, I may just drive to a dealer w/ the spec I want and try to work the deal...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmm

Hey backroads,

They actually had to get my car from another dealer also. I got it in Redwood city and they had to get the car from San Francisco. I also had a trade in on the SUV, I got a pretty good trade in value also. I got like a few hundred dollars below KBB trade in value, which i expected from a dealer. Good luck on u're car.

I met someone in the mazda dealer that got a 5 door winning blue. auto with no options for like 18600 out the door. I obviously got a way better deal than he did, but they are out there. just gotta look. Maybe wait till the 2006 are here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2005 black mica hatchback for 15,888.
4-speed auto
wheel locks
cargo net
step guard thingy on rear bumper
I thought this was an awsome deal. What do you guys think? It was this or the xb.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A local dealer is offering $750 under invoice on all Mazda they have in stock. Is that a good enough deal ? All other rebates go to the buyer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
750 under invoice and you're asking if it's a good enough deal? Of course. I mean, without a doubt you still try to make them move on the price, but if you get the msrp and invoice off of edmunds and 750 under is legit, then they're making it easy for you to get a good deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cas909 said:
4-speed auto
wheel locks
cargo net
I thought this was an awsome deal. What do you guys think? It was this or the xb.
That is a great deal. About $1500 under invoice!! Does Mazda have any regional marketing support or dealer cash in your region?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Haven't seen many lease prices here, but here's mine.

Mazda 3i, Black
Power/Alloy/ABS/SAC/SAB/Auto
MSRP 18190
36month lease, 12k miles/yr
zero due at signing (nothing, no cap cost red, no fees, etc)
209 USD per month

Too good to be true?
Goin to pick up the car tomorrow, hope there's no funny business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
cas909 said:
4-speed auto
wheel locks
cargo net
That is what I am shooting for. Just came from the neighbourhood dealer, they offered the invoice price without much haggling. I did not take it.

May be I should drive down to San Diego; which dealer did you go to cas909 ? PM me please.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I think I got an OK deal:

Winning Blue 5 door
ATX, Moonroof/6CD, Xenon/TPMS, Leather, ABS/SAC

Paid about $21,500 OTD. Around $20,000 before tax and all, right around Edmunds "invoice" price...so I'm cool with that. I DID get suckered into the "Show and Shine" "paint sealant" crap...don't let 'em get you! And bought the gap coverage through the dealer...so they got their money.

Overall, I'm happy with what I pay and I love my car...I think that's all that matters, really:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I hate dealing with car salesmen!!

Although I think I did alright as far as dealing goes.

Purchased March 5th, 2005
2005 Mazda 3s Hatchback
Titanium Gray, 4-Spd Automatic, Moonroof/6CD package, Wheel Locks
Out the door price $18,665

Here's the breakdown:
15994 Mazda3s Hatch
00810 4-Spd Auto
00765 Moon/CD Package

17569 (Subtotal)
After negotiating, I got them to knock off all the extra fees (i.e. Advertising, and Destination, etc), dropped the price $100 and throw in wheel locks.

17469 (2nd Subtotal)
01696 add about 10% for tax and license (a must fee)

19165 (3rd Subtotal)
Then I also had a graduate rebate of $500, which is instant but gets applied after taxes.

18665 (Grand Total)

I'm still not sure if I got the best deal because I believe I could have got them to drop the price but I was already tired of dealing with frickin salesmen. I say salesmen because I got the price down by going to different dealerships and getting them to give me a better price based on the prices I've gotten at other places. I went to two dealerships to work the numbers and the rest I called to see if they had the car and were willing to work under the lowest price I had quoted already. Rule number 1: Your best move is to walk out!

Please reply and tell me if I got a good deal on this car.
For comparison here's edmunds.com price quotes for the same exact car WITHOUT TAX AND LICENSE:
MSRP 19495, Invoice 18161, TMV 18802

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey guys. I am in the process of trying to sell my 2004 Scion xB so that I can buy an Mazda 3 HB. I have found one on a local dealer's lot that is perfect. I was wondering what a good price would be to go for with it in negotiations.

It is an 05 Winning Blue HB, 5-spd manual. The MSRP is $20,745. It has the ABS/airbag pkg, Moonroof/6-CD, Xenon, leather, cargo mat, bumper step plate and wheel locks.

I got the $500 e-mail coupon from Gerber (I think that's who it is through) so that would take it down to just over $20,000. I was thinking a target price would be $19,500 before TTL. Is this overzealous, too conservative, or a good place to start? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kevin, did you buy the car yet? If you're like me you hate haggling. I'm in a fairly tight market for this car, though I see some people to the south of me got some pretty sweet deals, so I may head down this weekend and see what they can do. The dealer here acted like he was giving me a deal by knocking off their $1,495 dealer markup over MSRP, so it would be $17,665 (hatch with no extras). I asked if he could go to $17,000, and he said they didn't really have any room to negotiate on that model. At that point, I pulled out a printout from CarsDirect, which quoted $17,004. Suddenly he said he could go to $17,250, but oh... they'd paid to get this car here because it was what I wanted, and they'd turned away another buyer because they were saving it for me, blah blah. So I said it was worth it to me to drive to LA to save $250, and if they wanted to sell it to the other guy, more power to them. But, that Cars Direct printout was a good weapon, it caused a bit of confusion and backpedaling. :roll:

·
Registered
102 Posts
No, I haven't bought it yet Stratoblu. I'm still in the process of trying to sell my old car.

I went to Carsdirect and with the options I want, their target price was $19,816 including destination (which Mazda doesn't include in the MSRP). So I will try to go for that. I'm glad I'll have the Gerber rebate too, and I might be able to talk them into giving me the grad rebate even though right now I have 11 months before graduation instead of 6. Anyone else have any luck doing that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got my 3 on Friday. I paid $200 over invoice, and am getting a recent college grad and Gerber rebate, so that puts me at about $17,200 for a Velocity Red 5 door, 5 speed with the safety package and CD/sunroof package. Probably could have saved some money shopping around, but the '05 manuals are getting scarce, and I wanted to get my old car to the buyer I had lined up. Galpin Mazda was great to deal with - no tag teaming or BSing - she even brought up the Edmunds report with me in the office to settle on the price. Much better than spending my whole weekend running between dealerships to save $200.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's my quote:

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback (Winning Blue)
Xenon HID
ABS/SAB/SAC
Moonroof + 6CD Package
Automatic Transmission
Leather Seats
Navigation System

Destination Fee ($560)
Los Angeles Assessement ($150)

TOTAL: $21573 (S-Plan)

What do you guys think? Someone told me that destination fee can be removed because it's already included in the S-plan, is there any truth to it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Stratoblu (or should that now be VelocityRed?): Yeah, my three target dealers are Galpin, Claremont Mazda, and Browning - all seem to have large stocks of 3s, and I've always found it easier to get a good price from volume dealers.

GIJoe: What in the world is "Los Angeles Assessment"? There is no obligated fee that I know of with that name. Don't pay it until you know exactly what it is (and I suspect it is the kind of bull fee that I wouldn't pay no matter what).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, I guess I need a new user name. :oops:

Anyway, Galpin was really nice to deal with. If you don't mind haggling, I think you could get a better deal at one of the other two. I never contacted Claremont Mazda. Browning seemed eager to get cars sold (contacted their internet department). I'd say just check each dealer's inventory for what you want, and start making offers.

I also paid the LA assessment, not sure if it's BS or not, but the price was the same as GIJoe posted ($150)

·
Registered
70 Posts
mpop2002 said:
Hey
I am buying
Mazda3s 5-door Strato Blue
Automatic
No Packages(right now)
MSRP 18550
Invoice 17450
Offered 17200
Is 17200 a good price and should i get the ABS package, i am sort of short on money/tight budget which is why that was not included in my original purchase decision.

What is the Gerber Rebate?
Invoice for a 5 Door with ATX is only 16,796

·
Registered
70 Posts
sp3darkRCR said:
i got my sp3 for $19,200, beat that. Thats cost for anybody who doesnt know.
Invoice for the sp23 with 2SP, FLA, and CGM is 18,913

41 - 60 of 2722 Posts