Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2722 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
ok, I'been shopping around, for about 3 months haha.
anyway, no need for introduction, here's my current deal.

2005 3 s sedan Black Mica
Automatic (yea I know)
Sport pkg
Moonroof/6CD pkg
Xenon Pkg
ABS/SAC pkg

Invoice, as you know, is: $19,383...retail is 20,955
$18,100 plus tax tag and fees

Not that it matters, but I talked them down to $18,900 prior to telling them about my trade. At first they offered me $2,200 for my trade. HA!
KBB in excellent condition and trade-in value on my 97 civic ex coupe with 117,750 miles with auto (and body damage to the front right fender) is $4,100. I got them to commit to $4,000 on my trade.

Now I've done all my homework, but does this sound too good to be true?
$18,100 +TTL for a vehicle with a $19,383 invoice??

·
Registered
2 Posts
well I just bought my 2005 Mazda 3 i, Velosity red mica, Auto, power locks, power windows, A/C, 16" wheels, anyway invoice price 16,171
OTD at 15,950 in orlando Florida. The Mazda dealer did not want to deal by me.

Also just so you people know there is 3 diffrent invoices for the cars. Dealer invoices (this is what dealerships pay for the car). Invoice and then Msrp. Msrp is what is on the sticker. Dealer invoice is what you want to get close to. But even if they show you the invoice price and say they are losing money on this sale they are lying to you. Dealers gat holdback also which is like 2000 on some cars.so even if they sell it to you at what they paid for it they still make the hold back money. Also the accesories that the price for the car costs the dealership about half what the charge you.

I know this because I am accually a Tech for Honda of Ocala.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dealer Holdback is never more than 2 or 3 % depending on the manufacturer, not 10%.

Assuming we're talking about Mazdas, and Hondas as you mentioned, safe to say $21,000 is a good average selling price. 2 and 3 %, respectively: $420 and $630.
I guess some dealers could make $2,000 on holdback, if they're selling $100,000 cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well supposidly the mazda dealer that I bought my 3 from was the sales leader in the world. According to the sign they had in the window of the store. So maybe I was off on how mutch hold back they get but the piont is. They still make money even if the sell it to you at the tru price the dealer paid.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Doesn't matter if they sell one car a month, or 40, they get the same 2 or 3 % holdback everyother dealership gets.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a quote for a new SP23 at $500 over invoice. The build date is listed as April 19, 2005 so obviously the car is still in Japan.

I checked with 7 dealers in Washington and Oregon and most wouldn't budge on their MSRP and above pricing. They figure with the last few SP23's trickling out of Japan they will get someone will to pay. It was difficult finding the car with the correct options and that wasn't pre-sold.

Poop on Mazda for changing their Graduate Rebate from graduating in the past 2 years to just the past 1 year. But how about that $500 Gerber Cash Back? Has anyone been denied the discount by Mazda?

Any comments (good or bad) on my quote is welcome.
$20,538 = invoice+$500

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer gave me invoice 17,860 for a Hatch, silver, 5 spd manual, moonroof and 6 disc package and mats. Includes my tradein (94 civic lx)...Good Deal? I thinks so...maybe not

·
Registered
116 Posts
crash said:
I got a quote for a new SP23 at $500 over invoice. The build date is listed as April 19, 2005 so obviously the car is still in Japan.

I checked with 7 dealers in Washington and Oregon and most wouldn't budge on their MSRP and above pricing. They figure with the last few SP23's trickling out of Japan they will get someone will to pay. It was difficult finding the car with the correct options and that wasn't pre-sold.

Poop on Mazda for changing their Graduate Rebate from graduating in the past 2 years to just the past 1 year. But how about that $500 Gerber Cash Back? Has anyone been denied the discount by Mazda?

Any comments (good or bad) on my quote is welcome.
$20,538 = invoice+$500
I'm confused by your message. Is the $20,538 the MSRP or the dealer's "invoice" (supposedly what they paid for the car)?

I paid MSRP less $1100 which equaled invoice plus $500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
jazmaan,
The claimed dealer invoice is $20,038 and they quoted me $20,538. So the dealer will be making $500 plus the kick-backs from Mazda.

SP23 5-speed Hatchback with security package, moonroof, and wheel locks.

I hope that's more clear.
crash

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here's my deal so far......

2005 Mazda 3i
-5 Speed
-Power/Wheel Package
-A/C

KBB Invoice: 15296
KBB Value: 15908
MSRP: 16490
What I'm paying: 15408

Bling BLANG!!! Good deal? I think so.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey
I am buying
Mazda3s 5-door Strato Blue
Automatic
No Packages(right now)
MSRP 18550
Invoice 17450
Offered 17200
Is 17200 a good price and should i get the ABS package, i am sort of short on money/tight budget which is why that was not included in my original purchase decision.

What is the Gerber Rebate?

·
Registered
131 Posts
mpop2002 said:
Hey
I am buying
Mazda3s 5-door Strato Blue
Automatic
No Packages(right now)
MSRP 18550
Invoice 17450
Offered 17200
Is 17200 a good price and should i get the ABS package, i am sort of short on money/tight budget which is why that was not included in my original purchase decision.

What is the Gerber Rebate?
I am looking at the same deal. The offer I have recieved is 17100 for a Tit Grey Automatic including delivery fee and a few other small fees with no packages. As far as the ABS package I say go for it. Besides the added safety my auto insurance was taking off enough to justify it. Basically It would cost much cheeper b/c the price per month of the car is a lil more but that is off set somewhat by the lowered insurance price.

The Gerber Rebate, from what I understand is a $500 rebate for those who recently had a child. (it is from Gerber baby food) However, many who have not had a child have printed out the form and brought it in and recieved the rebate. It shouldn't matter to the dealer b/c its not them loosing money.

There is also a $500 Grad rebate for those who have graduated in the past 6 months or so. If I go to this dealership I am going to try to use both rebates.

Also, don't forget Tax, Tag, & Title which can add over 1k to your price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me:

'05 I with AC and power package, manual, silver

MSRP: 16490
Invoice: 15,296
OTD With fees and taxes: 16423

Got to love the S-Plan. I get it from 2 sources, Mazda Motorsports and my employer.

Walked in, told them what I wanted (already had financing secured) they found it and it gets delivered the 12th. All said and done, 2 hours in the dealer including the test drive and the paper signing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's my situation:

Dealer's offer: 3s 4-door, AT, leather, moonroof/cd changer, sport, TPMS package. Has to put on mirror w/compass and doorguards. $ 20,200

According to Edmunds: Invoice - $20,139 TMV - $20,810. Keep in mind the higher cost of putting on the mirror/doorguards at the dealership.

I think it's a good deal, but would like to get some other opinions.
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
i got my sp3 for $19,200, beat that. Thats cost for anybody who doesnt know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm...

hi all,

I just got my MAzda 3 yesteday.

specs:
5 door titanium Grey
5 speed manual
moonroof & Cd changer package
ABS/ side airbags package

I got this for 18,500 OUT THE DOOR. So it was about 16800 before tax and license.

This a good deal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about this deal

2004 Mazda 3s
Solar Yellow
2.3L
A/C
6CD Changer
AntiLock
Simonize 5
Leather Seats (Dealer Installed) Center Color Matches Car
4 Door Sedan
Sticker $17,900
Seats made sticker $19,900
OTD $16,454

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i got this from an online quote. These are hard to get, they usually call within 3 min after I request a quote. I guess they dont like to deal online.

Heres the deal......from the salesman...
I ran a search for a 2005 Mazda3 S 4-Door Auto with the ABS & Moonroof/6cd Pkg and I found a couple of them that might be available to us for dealer trade. This vehicle has an MSRP of $19,765.00 and an Invoice of $18,360.00. I can sell it to you for $200.00 under the Invoice. That would be a price of $18,160.00 plus tax and license.

good deal???

thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is a good deal, i paid about 200 below invoice for my 3 which was the same as yours but with automatic transmission as well.
that is a pretty good price, almost 2000 off the MSRP

f1 ape said:
Hi i got this from an online quote. These are hard to get, they usually call within 3 min after I request a quote. I guess they dont like to deal online.

Heres the deal......from the salesman...
I ran a search for a 2005 Mazda3 S 4-Door Auto with the ABS & Moonroof/6cd Pkg and I found a couple of them that might be available to us for dealer trade. This vehicle has an MSRP of $19,765.00 and an Invoice of $18,360.00. I can sell it to you for $200.00 under the Invoice. That would be a price of $18,160.00 plus tax and license.

good deal???

thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmm... i just got my car for 16800 before tax and license

5 door
5 spd
moonroof cd changer
ABS package

MSRP was 19355 with options
invoice was 18something forgot exactly