Mazda3 Forums banner

2701 - 2720 of 2722 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems a little high. I got my '15 HB with infotainment for barely over $18k. Then again it's the base model with manual trans. I would try to at least negotiate down to $20k if you can.

Also, I'm in Texas, so prices may be different where you are

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also in Texas and I'm being quoted 20,800 for the isport hatchback with the equipment package? Can I talk down the price by much?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm also in Texas and I'm being quoted 20,800 for the isport hatchback with the equipment package? Can I talk down the price by much?
I say shop around. If you don't mind a little mileage I have seen SGT's going for that with 20k on the odometer. I use autotrader.com mostly. I open the mile coverage area. I drove a 100mles to get my S-GT. Was 200 all together. Worth the trip.

Most isports were under 20k for 2014 and 2015. What mileage you looking for on it ans what year?

·
Registered
20 Posts
How does this sound, just bought it:

2012 Mazda3 i-GT with 31k for $14,800 out the door. $13,700 before state taxes and registration. Has Navigation, blindspot indicators, Bose sound, sunroof, and probably other things.

My first negotiation (though I've owned several cars)... so I'm curious how it compares.

- Dent on upper right side, but not immediately evident (something must have fallen on it.) Dealer said they'd try to fix it, but they aren't a very honest dealership, so I'm not holding my breath.
- Very, very clean. Very little scratches inside or out.
- Two key fobs, manual
- Bridgestone Tires at 1/2 used or 3/4 used (still in good shape, not cupped or uneven)
- Sunroof and A/C work. Haven't tested every button on it yet.

:nerd:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Mazda 3 Sport base model with 5 year protection for 25,845.25 OTD. The dealer was able to give me the OTD price of the MSRP $19,800 and the rest was the 5 year additional warranty packages. Did I get a good deal? I'm a first time buyer and had next to no knowledge of how it works. I put $12k down and financed the rest @ 4.5% I love my new car!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
You get a factory 5 year/ 60K warranty. Chances of you using 6K worth of warranty work is very slim. I'd cancel it and get your money back. Usually, you have 30 days to do so. Decide on an extended warranty once your bumper to bumper expires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, I may do that. The guy wasa pretty pushy insisting that I need these packages. I need to do more research on what actually the warranty covers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if this thread is still going, but this is an offer that I got yesterday:
Mazda 3 iSport Automatic
Preferred equipment package
White
$20,767

Can anyone confirm if this is a good deal?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2016 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback MT with Popular Package (all the MTs come with this stupid package) for 20425 or 21900 OTD. I bought at the end of March.

Mazda had a bad March in terms of sales so they bump up the rebate by $500. Should be a good time to look for deals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
GAOrtiz

What do you think of 2012 Mazda3 i-GT with 31k for $14,800 out the door. $13,700 before tax & registration. :laugh:

Has Navigation, blindspot indicators, sunroof, leather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pre-tax I got my car for $18,400. With tax and license it came to $19,800. 2016 Mazda3 iSport in Pearl White with preferred package. MSRP was $21,000

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 Mazda 3 I Sport with 10800 miles $14,000. Tax and registration would put the car a little over $15,000. This is a private seller btw. Good deal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help me !!!

I am in the market for a new 2016 Mazda 3 i Sporting 4d sedan automatic with the preferred equipment package. I am quoting directly from the email the dealership sent me :

MSRP: $20,730
Dealer selling: $16,499+ Tax/fees
(based off Mazda Credit standard rate promotion)
-$500 Military Rebate
-$500 Current Mazda owner Loyalty rebate
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As low as $15,499 + fees after all the qualified rebates
*** I am very confident that I have the lowest price and if you have a better written offer from elsewhere please let me know, I'll beat it.

OK, first things first.

It was MY mistake that I did NOT check their website before asking them to submit a bid. I sent him an email, CLEARLY asking him to quote me his price BELOW invoice. Instead, he purposefully quoted below the MSRP (but claimed it was the invoice price) in his quotes. Had I bothered to check the website, I would have known that this was not an auspicious start.

In any case, after some back and forth, he sent me this bid :

2016 Mazda 3 i Sport Sedan Blue Reflex with preferred package.

Sale price: $17,978
Customer Cash: -$1,000
Your price: $16,978
Sales Tax: +$1,534.93
Doc: +$80
DMV: +$241.25
--------------------------
Total: $18,834.18

I then discovered the wonderful customer loyalty rebate (we own a Mazda 5), and he brought down the OTD to $18334. I was supposed to go down and purchase the car for a final quoted price of $18334 tomorrow, when I had the brilliant idea of going back and reading all the emails.

I then realized that his original email CLEARLY stated that the lowest possible price was $15499 after all applicable rebates. I immediately emailed him, asking him about the discrepancy between his original bid and the final breakdown and he emailed back as follows :

This is what I originally sent you. Below the 16,499 price, it mentions if you finance with Mazda standard rate.

"I thank you very much for contacting XXXXXXX Mazda for your next new vehicle purchase. I'll make sure that all of us here at XXXXXX Mazda will provide all your vehicle needs with an exceptional customer service as your primary dealership.

Below is a price quote for a brand new 2016 Mazda 3 Sedan Sport with Preferred Package. Can you come in today?

MSRP: $20,730

Dealer selling: $16,499+ Tax/fees
(based off Mazda Credit standard rate promotion)"

"Based off Mazda credit standard rate promotion" means after rebates. So your final price will be $16,578+tax/fees after $1,000 rebate and $500 owners loyalty.

Does anyone buy this ? Is the bolded statement above true ? I believe that his original quote was $16578 or $16499 - 1000 = $15499 (since he did not know at the time we currently own a Mazda) and he does not even mention the $15499 anywhere in this last email. Is this is just his attempt to not budge since I was dumb enough to let on we would come down to buy tomorrow ?

LESSON LEARNED. Should I even try to continue negotiating with this guy or should I move on ? If I should negotiate and get the lower $15499 price, what should I say ?

Please advise !

2701 - 2720 of 2722 Posts