Mazda3 Forums banner

2681 - 2700 of 2722 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but IMO i don't think this is a good deal either.
Thats the price i would expect to pay from a dealer for that car, not a private party.

On the other hand, if you just have to have that one; it is really clean. Paint looks good and the tread in the tires look decent.

If you can get it anywhere below 5k it would be a much better deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news again, but IMO i don't think this is a good deal either.
Thats the price i would expect to pay from a dealer for that car, not a private party.

On the other hand, if you just have to have that one; it is really clean. Paint looks good and the tread in the tires look decent.

If you can get it anywhere below 5k it would be a much better deal.
It's been up since July. Either it's been sold or what you say rings true and the owner probably doesn't wanna drop 600 dollars on the price.

I'll see about test driving it and getting a carfax, in the mean time I'll just read the book "How to Get to Yes," to see if I can learn anything from it and use it to get a cheaper car :chuckles:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I just found something out: this is a dealer apparently.

I texted him and said "Why are you selling the car?"
He responds with "I am a dealer"

What are your thoughts now?

Edit: For anyone else looking at this post and is confused, this is the car I'm talking about : http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/4589884799.html

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ill be honest. I wouldnt sell it anyways. I have a habit of trying to keep cars past there usefulness. Im not saying its a bad deal but it isnt great. I also have never purchased a used car before. Everything i've ever owned was brand new. Paid it off, than mod it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im not saying its a bad deal but it isnt great. I also have never purchased a used car before.
I wish I had a choice, but it's my first and I can't really afford new on my budget.

And yeah, I think I'm going 5k or no deal on it. I am willing to wait for a purchase.

Since I'm going for 5k, what do you think I should start at if I'm trying to haggle? I'm reading the book suggested at the beginning of the thread, but I'm curious to what anyone else's thought are.

·
Registered
111 Posts
KBB says:
~$2,400 trade-in value
~$3,600 private party

This is for a good condition i-sedan with standard features. Don't know how everyone feels about KBB in this forum but seems like a huge difference in price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went and test drove the red Mazda3 - the battery fucking died. Lmao.

Then the car I just listed? Already sold.

So I was looking finally at a 2007 Mazda 3 ... and it looks like a good deal. Maybe too cheap? I feel comfortable cause I could just go get it checked after my test drive.

Sorry I'm posting so much, I really hope I'm not over-posting as the last page has been just me.
http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/4610174155.html

Hoping this is the last one, what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
You did not get a good deal then lol. I got an 06 with 109000 kms (less than yours) for 7800 and it was already slightly modded.
Agreed! I've seen better deals posted here by others, but I don't think I got ripped off or anything, Dealer gave me a free suspension job included with purchase.

Regardless, very happy with the car :)

2681 - 2700 of 2722 Posts