Mazda3 Forums banner

721 - 726 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I signed for it. They threw in free Protex film (paint protective film) on the very front of the hood. This will help prevent chips. And they also cover the door jambs. They said it was worth about $350. I know I could have done it for less elsewhere but better they do it. They also offered either an additional $200 off or a apple ipad 4th gen 64gb. That costs about $430+tx in stores. I know they probably got those very cheap from Apple but again, better than nothing. Maybe I can sell it. But it might be a fun gadget.

The only thing is they absolutely could not throw in fog lamps no matter how hard I pushed for it. They then said they'd try to see if they could just include the fog lamp install if I bought my own parts online. But even that was impossible. They said they could not sell the car for anything lower than and they were willing to break the contract for me if I wanted. I decided to let them install the fogs. The web price is $639. I got it for $500 but asked that it be added to the monthly payments. So total price is $395.33 for 60 months.

I would have loved the fogs for free but I knew it was really pushing it. Overall I feel good with the deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking to buy a new car - this would be my first. I am very interested in the Mazda3. Here is the information for the specific car I'd like:

- Mazda3 Sport GX
- 2.0L engine
- Automatic transmission
- Air conditioning
- Power locks/windows/keyless entry
- Tinted windows
- Tire warranty + wheel locks

The bi-weekly payments would be $182.94 over 60 months, for a grand total of $23,780 (tax and freight included).

So I am curious - is this a good deal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys,

I've driven a few 3's now and finally came across one which I like quite a bit.

Its 2011 GX 2.0 Automatic hatch. The dealer is asking 13,000 and it has 66,000 kms. I liked the car but I'm hesitant since the transmission fluid hasn't been changed. Doesn't smell burnt but its brown opposed to red.

Drives fine. Any advice? If I buy it I plan on doing a fluid change ASAP.

Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think both auto and manuals don't have a recommended drain interval because they are supposed to last for the life of the car, as with many new cars. I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker whatsoever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the reply AD,

I have found that the automatics are very harsh on the fluid due to the heat they generate. I'm thinking I can talk the dealer down to $12,000. It's not offered by Mazda, but rather a Dodge dealership... so I won't be getting the Mazda Certified warranty. But I will still have 1.5 years of factory power train warranty.

I have considered a manual as well but I am in traffic for most of my work commute and I've found that the clutches in 2010-2011 Mazda 3's have been known to fail prematurely.

721 - 726 of 726 Posts