Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
J said:
On my part, I paid 24958$ everything included for a GT GFX leather with CD Changer, spoiler, Winter mats, Day/night mirror with temp, Tinted windows and block heater. I think its something like 700$ over.

Hope this helps someone :D

J-F
You say everything included... even taxes? that seems highly unlikely to me. Unless you work for mazda or something.

On the web site a gt gfx (has to be sedan) with leather, in dash changer, lip spoiler, mats, mirror is 29K with taxes. So thats without the tints and block heater....

If you did get that deal then ive been robbed! I paid 27K all in for a gt gfx NO LEATHER, raised spoiler and lock nuts!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Frankster said:
J said:
On my part, I paid 24958$ everything included for a GT GFX leather with CD Changer, spoiler, Winter mats, Day/night mirror with temp, Tinted windows and block heater. I think its something like 700$ over.

Hope this helps someone :D

J-F
You say everything included... even taxes? that seems highly unlikely to me. Unless you work for mazda or something.

On the web site a gt gfx (has to be sedan) with leather, in dash changer, lip spoiler, mats, mirror is 29K with taxes. So thats without the tints and block heater....

If you did get that deal then ive been robbed! I paid 27K all in for a gt gfx NO LEATHER, raised spoiler and lock nuts!

The price I quoted did not include taxes... but everything else. I have an exchange so I will be paying taxes on the difference only.

J

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: 25k

steve said:
roboson said:
24,800 for GS with ppk, sport package, a/c

is it a good deal?
Is that on the road? Taxes etc. included?

I was quoted about the same price for the above, less the sport package, "on the road"...
Well, This is what I get:

GS with a/c, ppkg, sport pkg, with fog light and spoiler for 25200. tax and other fee include. So, good or bad?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: 25k

roboson said:
Well, This is what I get:

GS with a/c, ppkg, sport pkg, with fog light and spoiler for 25200. tax and other fee include. So, good or bad?
depends on your definition of bad...you could get a gt w. gfx package for less than that if you look hard enough

·
Registered
52 Posts
paid exactly the web site price but got a great value for my trade in (about 2 500$ more than other dealers...)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sedan GT, auto, GFX, tinted glass
$28,500 OTR

From what I've read about how much you guys paid, looks like I got ripped off..... :?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Been on this board only two days and I think I've overloaded my brain with Mazda 3 info. :)

First post... here I go;

I'm planning to get Mazda 3 Sport GT, standard, with A/C only (no other add-on options), in Titanium Grey Metallic. Here's the quote I received from Markham Mazda;

MSRP 22,485
Freight/PDI 925
Gas tax 75
Air tax 100
Admin 189 (printed on the quote sheet)
Protector plus 99 (printed on the quote sheet)
Wheel locks installed 45 (printed on the quote sheet)
Met. paint 105

Subtotal 24,048
Total (15% tax) 27,655.20

Got some mighty negotiating to do here... :)

and yes I see the "hidden" $25 in there (subtotal).

My first time to be in a dealership. Learnt from a few mistakes I made already (ie. telling him too much info about my current car, showing my excitement a bit too much, etc.). :p

As for above total... my plan is to start negotiating at $25,000 and go $50 and $25 increments.

Any comments/suggestions? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
330 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the board!! Second, don't start negotiations with tax included. Start with the highest price your willing to pay in mind, BUT tell the sales person a much lower number.

Also keep in mind that in Canada the dealers aren't coming of the MSRP price by very much.

Also see this link within a link
http://mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5803

·
Registered
80 Posts
wtom said:

As for above total... my plan is to start negotiating at $25,000 and go $50 and $25 increments.

Any comments/suggestions? Much appreciated!
Hi wtom...

You should get the invoice price for the car you want and start the negotiations there. Keep in mind that there is already about $350 in mark-up within the invoice price via the holdback.

I'd be willing to bet that even if you started at $25500 OTR chances would be slim to none that they'd keep talking to you. Really, $25000 is a laughable amount, its actually about $500 below the dealer's net cost (inclusive of the holdback)!!!!

I understand what you are trying to do, but I think it could be counter-productive... you'll alienate the sales person and he/she will then do their best to rip you off...

www.carinvoices.ca is a good place to get invoice pricing... you could probably even find the exact pricing in one of the posts here.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
wtom said:
I'm planning to get Mazda 3 Sport GT, standard, with A/C only (no other add-on options), in Titanium Grey Metallic. Here's the quote I received from Markham Mazda;

Erin Mills Mazda is $295.... :evil:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi all thanks for your responses and tips!

Murrato - Thx for the link, I've been swallowing the buffet of information from www.carbuyingtips.com before I came to Mazda3Forums.com, I learnt a lot from there too. Negotiate pre-tax amount including options? Will keep that in mind.

Nel - Thx for your invoicing info! www.carinvoices.ca doesn't work? I've been to www.carcostcanada.com but they don't accept AmEx (only CC I have, had bad experience with Visa so don't want to get a second CC). $25,500 is even too low (tax-in) with the fees listed? Wow... I'll have to recalculate. Understood about the alienating part from the sales. :)

newlook - WOW $295 ADM fee?? That IS an unrequired fee. It basically stands for Additional Dealership Markup. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
wtom said:
Nel - Thx for your invoicing info! www.carinvoices.ca doesn't work? I've been to www.carcostcanada.com but they don't accept AmEx That IS an unrequired fee. It basically stands for Additional Dealership Markup. :)
No problem for the info... :) you shouldn't be too stressed, you've won half the battle by doing some background research. The stance I took with my salesperson was that....

1) I know exactly what I want so you won't have to waste time "selling" me the car
2) I don't mind waiting 2 months so you won't waste time trying to find the car (just order from factory)
3) I know what the dealer cost is so I won't waste time haggling for the car...
and I asked what his price would be under these circumstances and after 5 minutes of talking we settled on $26604 OTR for a GT / GFX 5 speed with all weather mats and Lip spoiler

Good Luck!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nel said:
2) I don't mind waiting 2 months so you won't waste time trying to find the car (just order from factory)
3) I know what the dealer cost is so I won't waste time haggling for the car...
and I asked what his price would be under these circumstances and after 5 minutes of talking we settled on $26604 OTR for a GT / GFX 5 speed with all weather mats and Lip spoiler
Hi Nel, thanks again for your tips! Regarding number 2) above, I actually do mind waiting such a long time for a new car so I'm hoping when I'm ready to buy, they will have the exact or very similar configuration I'm looking for and I will try to take whatever the colour is of the on-the-lot car they have. Or is this a no-no? As in... maybe it was demo'ed and the test driver(s) may have overworked the tranny/engine?

I read somewhere when buying a new car, there shouldn't be more than 25km on the odometer?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Purchased today

Purchased today in Edmonton, couldn't have done it without the help on these forums!

Mazda 3 Sport GS with A/C and manual transmission.

$21962.62 for the car
- $600.00 for grad rebate
$1495.38 GST (no PST)

$22858.00 OTR

·
Registered
168 Posts
wtom said:
MSRP 22,485
Freight/PDI 925
Gas tax 75
Air tax 100
Protector plus 99 (printed on the quote sheet)
Wheel locks installed 45 (printed on the quote sheet)
Met. paint 105

Subtotal 24,048
wtom,
Went to 2 dealerships last week (Markham Mazda & Avante Mazda), & this is what I found out:
- At MM, you should be able to get at least $400+ discount, but they will try to ding you (& in most cases succeed), for the "Protector Plus". You don't need this - I tried to get out of it 2yrs ago when I bought my MPV but was unsuccessful. I would go for the wheel locks, but would check prices elsewhere first, because it will likely be cheaper. As for the discount, my sales guy showed me actual invoices for Mz3s that he had just sold, & they all pretty much had that 400+ discount.
- At AM, the sales rep was very straight forward, & told me that they were not discounting the 3 at all since it was just selling phenomenally well. But their admin is lower ($100) ; not too sure though if they charge for ProtectorPlus. He did tell me that the 3 *MAY* sell out by July , & for some reason, I think he may be right. He also said that there was rumour that 2005 may be out as early as September, but this is only speculation. He did give me a tip, which is this: If a salesman promises you a car in 2 weeks, make sure you get it in writing, i.e. in the contract. He says that the car is in very short supply, & they will only guarantee delivery within 6 weeks.

Hope that helps - good luck.

21 - 40 of 726 Posts