Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :( :(
Hi y'all,

Today is a very bad Saturday, I thot is was going to be good b/c my Mazda dealership was gonna give us a free tank of gas for filling out their customer satisfaction survey, so my wife took the car in and they filled it up. Great, right...? Not!!! My wife gets home and I go to get in the car to go file our taxes, and what do i see? A FUCKING 3 INCH SCRATCH!!! WTF? I know this was not there just last night for sure, b/c I was taking pictures of the car. So, naturally, I accuse the wife and spend a good 5-10 minutes yelling @ her about how careless she is with the car, and how she is gonna have to have it fixed b/c the damn scratch is so deep that touch-up paint isn't gonna work. It needs to be sanded down and re-painted. Of course, she denies guilt and says there is no way she made a scratch that big and deep w/o noticing it. Well I am sure as hell that it did not come from me! and upon further, closer investigation, it is obviously not from another car door. The damage is on the driver's side, doorframe, @ the bottom, close to the plastic guard that you are supposed to step on when you enter and leave the car, but on the outside, like someone had on a shoe (with something hard like metal clasps) and their foot dragged the outside of the doorframe and gouged the hell out of my car! So i immediately checked my own feet as well as my wifes. Both of us were wearing jeans and tennies w/o a hard spot on them, it wasn't our feet. So then, who's foot was it? It had to be someone @ the dealership. I asked my wife who had the car when she went in. She said she thought only Chris, our salesman. What was he wearing? A suit and dress shoes. DRESS SHOES? It could e him!!! I said great! call him and see if he gave the car to anyone to fill it up, and let him know what happened and see what he thinks. So she called and he said he was the only one with the car and we should bring it in next week to have them look at it. :( :(
I guess i just needed to vent that out, whew... i feel a little better... no, not really. Well anyways, i am not gonna get my hopes up, b/c I know i can't prove that it was his fault, maybe they will fix it anyway, i hope so because i will prolly fuck it up more just trying to fix it. I am so sad now.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sounds familiar, Happened to me at a Toyota dealer.

Car was there for a week and when I got it back I noticed a 3 inch deep scratch under the door handle. They first said they would take care of it but when I brought it to them they said they are not responsible for what happens on their lot. It looks like it wa sdone by a screwdriver. When I got home I washed the car and found a door ding on the right fender... ..I complained and they said take them to small claims... No win situation...

·
Registered
192 Posts
it is just a car. now, if someone put a 3 inch scratch in my wife, then i would be pissed...

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
just call up the dealer and scream "you wronged me!" then hang up. you'll feel better.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the support guys, ya i appologized to my wife. while my wife is very important to me, i still get upset about things that can easily be avoided like scratching the car from carelessness. if it was truly an accident, i would be understanding, and if it was her car, btw i forgot to mention that this is my car, not hers, hers is a POS chevy malibu, and it is a pos partially (mostly) b/c of the way she trashes it and does not care fot it whatsoever, this is not how i am w/my car... and she knows this already. She already scratched my 3 the first week i had it with her ring on the passenger door, grrrrr. that one I can fix though, i will post pics tomorrow so you can see how bad this new scratch is, and remember it is deep into the plastic through the paint, it is a gouge, not a scratch!!!

will post some pics tomorrow, sry

·
Registered
190 Posts
Unfortunately, This is just called LIFE. The dealership whether they DID or DIDNOT scratch it WILL NOT fix it..Im pretty sure of that. You just simply have no way of proving it. If it were me..Just do the best you can and touch it up..It will be one of many scratches you get over the years. AND after all it is JUST a car. In the big scheme of things NOT A BIG DEAL.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
i wouldnt say the dealership "WILL NOT" fix it.

some dealerships are cool and are like, okay bring it in. and they simply fix it cause they want to keep their customers happy.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[quote author=kspec link=topic=71015.msg1247552#msg1247552 date=1173017374]
i wouldnt say the dealership "WILL NOT" fix it.

some dealerships are cool and are like, okay bring it in. and they simply fix it cause they want to keep their customers happy.
[/quote]

Ya, my salesman knows that if he does me right, I am going to trade in my wife's chevy next year or the year after for another mazda (possibly not a brand new one) but I will re-iterate this fact when i take the car in, if they know that i plan to buy there again soon, they will probably take better care of my little issues, more so than the average owner....i hope.

P.S. pics will post after brkfast!

·
Registered
470 Posts
And while we wait for pics I will offer that this happened to me. Luckily it wasn't my car, I was test driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 07 because of boredom, and the female salesperson practically questioned my manhood because I was taking it easy on the car.

So we get on the freeway and I begin drive like I normally drive (super aggressive, complete So Cal a**hole style - I admit it) and weave in and out of traffic. Well the exit comes up and I almost miss it, and she’s screaming by this point, except I make it by cutting through three lanes of traffic having to cut through the "non-ramp pavement". Basically where all the rocks and glass hang out until Cal-Trans swing by. Suddenly, I hear this *ping* (I don't know if she heard it) and we head back to the Mitsubishi dealer.

Upon egress of the vehicle I happen to look down and sure as heck there is this 4-inch scratch running under the door. I had found the *pings* damage. Good times. Moreso because the laid back salesgirl went from comically jocular to reserved.

Still awaiting those pictures. Intermission over.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
The problem with anybody else working on, parking, driving, washing my car, is that most (damn near all) of them treat it just like what it is to them..............Somebody else's car. If I were you, I would go back to the dealer and start with the service manager, and politely (but firmly) work my way up the chain until I ended up in the owners office. Even though you can't "prove" it, you can more then make a good circumstantial case that the dealer did it.

I don't now and will never accept that scratches, dents, dings and other medium/large damage is "simply inevitable", and when it happens you just have to live with it. :? Now minor road chips and very small scratches are different, but not 3" gouges!!

Be polite, but refuse to take no for an answer, and you should be able to get some sort of compensation. Good luck, and update this thread with the outcome!

Darryl

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, here's some pics :( :( i wouldn't be so mad if you could not see it with the door closed, but the whole damn thing is completely visible with the door closed. also, the spots that look to be white, are white. it is not paint though, it is a layer of primer under the phantom blue paint on the metal. The larger gouge is on the plastic lower door molding and is quite deep, due to the fact that the plastic is quite soft. I figure i'll prolly eat this one, but how shitty, oh well, i am getting over it, i guess...

In my opinion:
[quote author=D Bone link=topic=71015.msg1247730#msg1247730 date=1173027663]
The problem with anybody else working on, parking, driving, washing my car, is that most (damn near all) of them treat it just like what it is to them..............Somebody else's car. If I were you, I would go back to the dealer and start with the service manager, and politely (but firmly) work my way up the chain until I ended up in the owners office. Even though you can't "prove" it, you can more then make a good circumstantial case that the dealer did it.
this is exactly how i feel. I am the only person in the world who is gonna care for my car. Not my wife, not my daughter, and certainly not anyone who works with other peoples cars all day long. Granted i do not believe this occurred maliciously or intentionally, I just know if I had been the only person driving the car, it never would have happened. I also blame my wife partially for not noticing this at the dealership where it could have been @ least noted immediately that we blame the dealer, and probably repaired on the spot... hell if she had taken care of it the way i would have, i may not even know about it at all. And I would be more than happy with that.

I don't now and will never accept that scratches, dents, dings and other medium/large damage is "simply inevitable", and when it happens you just have to live with it. :? Now minor road chips and very small scratches are different, but not 3" gouges!!

Be polite, but refuse to take no for an answer, and you should be able to get some sort of compensation. Good luck, and update this thread with the outcome!

Darryl
[/quote]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Seeing the pics, you should be able to do a fairly good repair with touch up paint. If it were on an outside panel, it would be a different story. I have fixed worse with touch up paint, sand paper and clear, and I bet you can to. At least it seems it's only really noticeable when the door is open.

Darryl

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[quote author=sunsilver615 link=topic=71015.msg1247808#msg1247808 date=1173030298]
Looks like someone had a pebble stuck in their shoe and scraped it against the car.
[/quote]
well anything is possible i guess..
we thought so at first too, but this scratch is really quite deep. my wife and i both don't think even a large, sharp pebble would have caused this much damage w/o popping out. it seems to be the perfect spot for the buckle of a man's dress shoe though, and my wife explained to me that she had the seat all the way up, so the dealer prolly had his foot there while adjusting the seat and did not even notice what his foot wast pushing on. That's all i can think of, i have observed my wife and myself the past few times of getting in and out of this car since then, and neither one of us has even come close to touching that part of the paint, oh well, what can you do though, right? I just needed to vent, thanx for listening y'all

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[quote author=D Bone link=topic=71015.msg1247813#msg1247813 date=1173030457]
Seeing the pics, you should be able to do a fairly good repair with touch up paint. If it were on an outside panel, it would be a different story. I have fixed worse with touch up paint, sand paper and clear, and I bet you can to. At least it seems it's only really noticeable when the door is open.

Darryl
[/quote]
Nah, it's all clearly visible with the door closed too, i was just getting a lot of sun glare in the camera on those pics so i opened the door to block the light

1 - 20 of 28 Posts