Mazda3 Forums banner

the car with the cams is dead....

5K views 49 replies 31 participants last post by  bani 
#1 ·
So I'm just minding my own business driving down the street when a 19 year old girl coming from the other direction trys to take a left turn in front of me. Only problem was...she did it while on the phone and about 10 feet from my car that was traveling at about 35 mph. Airbag bang ouch.... Long story short, the subframe is effed up. Her car hit the front/leftish side of mine and I couldn't even open my passenger door the frame was so messed up......don't know if they are going to total it out or not....engine was still working but overheating because the radiator got smashed. I just want my baby...almost cried when I was it on the flatbed

See less See more
#6 ·
[quote author=ChitownMS3 link=topic=134734.msg2897204#msg2897204 date=1233202815]
So I'm just minding my own business driving down the street when a 19 year old girl coming from the other direction trys to take a left turn in front of me. Only problem was...she did it while on the phone and about 10 feet from my car that was traveling at about 35 mph. Airbag bang ouch.... Long story short, the subframe is effed up. Her car hit the front/leftish side of mine and I couldn't even open my passenger door the frame was so messed up......don't know if they are going to total it out or not....engine was still working but overheating because the radiator got smashed. I just want my baby...almost cried when I was it on the flatbed

[/quote]

I hope you passed along to the cops that she was on the cell phone at time of impact.

#8 ·
:(

that happened to me not too long ago...

guy took off from a stop sign thinking he could beat my car and i T-boned him. damage didnt look as bad as yours though

glad you're ok....cellphones need to be BANNED whilst driving.

#10 ·
I will cry for you :( I really feel your pain, my baby was rear ended over a month and a half ago and i still don't have it back. And i will tell you, i did pretty much cry when it was being driven away on the flat bed. Sadly my "accident" happened pretty much the same way, young idiot rear ended me at a red light with ice obstructing his whole windshield. Sorry to see man. Glad you are ok!

#12 ·
What your asking me is like asking a father for his dying daughters organs...its just too soon

#15 ·
I crashed my 3 s a while back when bluebook was 11k on it there was 7500 in damage including frame damage but it got fixed and is like new, no complaints frame is like new too they pulled it straight, I cant even find any evidence of it under the hood or car.

Long story short, your car will probably be fixed.

#16 ·
Man...glad your ok. Cell phones are a nightmare on the roads. Guy I work with will text an entire conversation on the way to work. WTF? That's retarded. IF your car is totaled out, do you plan on another Speed 3? If it's not, did you have aftermaket parts covered in your insurance policy? Good luck with it all...

[quote author=LBV link=topic=134734.msg2899197#msg2899197 date=1233275529]
Good to hear you're ok, but what's with the CAMS on the subject line? You had aftermkt cams on the car??
[/quote]

Yes, he was the only test car I'm aware of that was using aftermaket cams for this car. Forgot the name of the manufacturer.

#17 ·
[quote author=evo2ms3 link=topic=134734.msg2899352#msg2899352 date=1233279691]
Man...glad your ok. Cell phones are a nightmare on the roads. Guy I work with will text an entire conversation on the way to work. WTF? That's retarded. IF your car is totaled out, do you plan on another Speed 3? If it's not, did you have aftermaket parts covered in your insurance policy? Good luck with it all...

[quote author=LBV link=topic=134734.msg2899197#msg2899197 date=1233275529]
Good to hear you're ok, but what's with the CAMS on the subject line? You had aftermkt cams on the car??
[/quote]

Yes, he was the only test car I'm aware of that was using aftermaket cams for this car. Forgot the name of the manufacturer.
[/quote]

The curse of the cams has started....j/k

#21 ·
[quote author=redrocket link=topic=134734.msg2900243#msg2900243 date=1233325800]
[quote author=boostin link=topic=134734.msg2900191#msg2900191 date=1233322724]
that picture hurts my soul! :(
[/quote]

Hows this for your soul! :lol:

[/quote]

oh god no..can't get it out of my head...

#23 ·
I find out whether they are going to total it or not on weds. I'm hoping its not but If they do then I will be getting another used one, the most mileage I can find so its cheap and buying my car at auction, taking out my old engine and building it up completely, then prob a GT3071 and put it in the used one, call it a day. And I'm switching all my parts back to stock if they do total it, that was already approved by the insurance company so I prob wont sell anything either way....btw Kelford cams, and they were still being tested.

#25 ·
[quote author=boostedminime link=topic=134734.msg2901537#msg2901537 date=1233358489]
How were the cams?
[/quote]

+1, and where are they located so someone else can start testing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.